It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
3 Canterwood motherboard reviews: Albatron/DFI/Asus 3 Canterwood motherboard reviews: Albatron/DFI/Asus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

3 Canterwood motherboard reviews: Albatron/DFI/Asus

Old 22nd June 2004, 10:08   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default 3 Canterwood motherboard reviews: Albatron/DFI/Asus

Product: Albatron PX875P Pro

"It's taken a while for Albatron to get a foothold in the enthusiast component market. Early efforts were a bit bewildering, with boards featuring layout eccentricities, bland BIOS choices and bare bundles, to name but a few criticisms. Slowly but surely they've started to put things right however, with Albatron now at a point where enthusiasts looking for a good deal are always likely to check out what they have to offer. "

URL: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD03MzE=

Product: DFI LANPARTY PRO875B Canterwood

" DFI's produced another well-rounded motherboard that demands to be shortlisted for top-end S478 machines. Priced in the neighbourhood of £120, it also represents good i875P value. Our reservations lie in the lack of advancement from the incumbent PRO875 (just CMOS Reloaded, which is a simple BIOS update) and the lack of onboard FireWire support. When it all comes down to it and we're being brutally honest, DFI's simply not done enough to call this a 'B' revised model. "

URL: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD03NDY=

Product: ASUS P4C800-E i875P Motherboard

" Our search for the perfect Canterwood-based motherboard goes on. Samples from MSI, ASUS, ABIT, DFI, and EPoX have all had desirable attributes. None, however, have been perfect. ASUS has redesigned its excellent P4C800 Canterwood motherboard to offer even greater levels of performance and compatibility. Is the P4C800-E the Holy Grail of the i875P world?. Let's find out. "

URL: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD03NDI=