It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
So why are the PCP&C PSU`s always rated the best? Am I missing something? So why are the PCP&C PSU`s always rated the best? Am I missing something?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

So why are the PCP&C PSU`s always rated the best? Am I missing something?
Closed Thread

Old 3rd December 2005, 09:47   #1
ObNoXiouS

Default So why are the PCP&C PSU`s always rated the best? Am I missing something?

Well am I missing something?

I also am told that Zippy is the ODM of PCP&C.
Any truth to that?

Old 3rd December 2005, 14:36   #2

DUR0N Freshly Registered

both zippy and pcp&c try to make the best psu's, they don't cut back on any component. They are more expensive but they use quality compontents (resitors with <1% deviation, high fahrad condensors, premium coils etc.)
Old 3rd December 2005, 14:39   #3
Rutar

they are noisy tough and that's not a good thing when Seasonic keeps up in the THG stress test

Old 3rd December 2005, 15:57   #4

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rutar
they are noisy tough and that's not a good thing when Seasonic keeps up in the THG stress test
people who buy these PSU's are generally not interested in noise. They use 120mm Delta's to add some airflow for their RAM.
Old 3rd December 2005, 19:28   #5
ObNoXiouS

I understand all that so why does the PCP&C PSU`s keep being rated the best?

After all they are noisy aren`t they?

Other PSU`s have a higher efficiency rating don`t they?

I just don`t get it.
Seems like a huge waste of money to buy PCP&C products.
Especially if they are made by another company.

Old 3rd December 2005, 21:41   #6
Rutar

Why are people buying Mercedes?

same reasons =P

Of course, Seasonic has products that are better than the PCP&P ones but they just don't have the brand yet (altough, the Seasonc pimpin has increased a lot ofter the THG test)

Old 3rd December 2005, 22:48   #7
ObNoXiouS

Quote:
Why are people buying Mercedes?
Quote:
same reasons =P
Quote:
Of course, Seasonic has products that are better than the PCP&P ones but they just don't have the brand yet (altough, the Seasonc pimpin has increased a lot ofter the THG test)
I truly am Not trying to flame PC Power &Cooling products.
But I just donot understand what makes them 99 times out of 100 take the top spot in most reviews?

I understand Seasonic is a good brand but are they really better than PC Power & Cooling?

Links please to support your claim. Thx

Old 3rd December 2005, 23:01   #8
Rutar

there is only one link that has any significant impact when finding the ultimate king of the hill for PSUs:

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20...sstest-03.html

That was some serious testing, I'd like to see toms testing every PSU on the market like this just a I want to see their scientific LCD panel testing for every LCD on the market.

All other reviews look like kiddie crap against it.

Old 4th December 2005, 04:10   #9
ObNoXiouS

I have read the Toms Hardware Review..

I read nothing impressive about the PCPower &Cooling PSU or the Seasinoc except for it was quieter...

Yet I understand that PC Power and Cooling has taken care of the noise issue or are in the process of...

http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=11&page=9

This power supply is not perfect, however. It is noisy, so if silence is one of your goals I suggest you do not short list this one. I have been told by PC P&C that they are working on solution to combat the noise. Knowing these guys it will be something of very high quality.

Also Toms Hardware I have been told is hardly unbiased...

Old 4th December 2005, 11:58   #10
Rutar

Nothing impressive?

Running a PSU at full load on all rails for 24 hours is the most representative testing on the net.

Just look at how many failed, you will hardly find another PSU review where a PSU failed.

Seasonic passed that, while being very close to the specifications with high efficency, low noise and moderate price.

or in other words, the best PSU on the market

Closed Thread