It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Xvid .avi DVD burning Xvid .avi DVD burning
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xvid .avi DVD burning
Closed Thread

Old 16th January 2006, 06:14   #1
goingpostale1

Default Xvid .avi DVD burning

I've currently got about 40 .avis in Xvid I 'd like on one or a group of DVDs. My problem is I don't know of any programs to convert them to burn to a DVD that can be read by a DVD player. I need a program that provides a menu of .avis to select to play when the DVD is put in a DVD Player. Any help is appriciated.

To clarify I need to take these .avis in xvid, put them on a DVD formatted for a DVD player. I need to be able to select which .avis to play from the DVD.

Old 16th January 2006, 08:28   #2

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Avi to dvd is the most difficult conversion if you want to do it right. doom9.org en videohelp.com have some good guides for starters, but it will take you a few days before you get the result you wanted.
Old 16th January 2006, 09:00   #3

Bosw8er Freshly Registered

Most DVD players can "read" DivX-files.
Extremly easy (batch) conversion with "Dr. DivX"

No need to make a selectable menu for DivX-files, but the DVD-player-software does this for you on insertion of the DVD.

You can easily buy a DVD-player (can read DVD, DVD RW, CD, CD RW and formats like DivX, WMA, MP3, jpg, ... ) for about 35 eur
Old 9th February 2006, 08:51   #4
goingpostale1

Found an almost Idiot proof utility. VSO Divx to DVD,the conversion and burning isnt fast at all, but its incredibly easy to use.

Closed Thread