It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Wlan dependant on GFX core speed? WTF? Wlan dependant on GFX core speed? WTF?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wlan dependant on GFX core speed? WTF?
Closed Thread

Old 11th November 2005, 23:06   #1
djivesp

Default Wlan dependant on GFX core speed? WTF?

Hi guys !!!

I have the weirdest problem!
As a result of enless nights/days/weeks of frustration when my Wlan card wont connect to the wireless network, i found that:
Whether it connects or not depends on the core frequency of my 6800! - the weirdest thing is, it wont connect at stock speed - 300mhz - i have to OC it to over 390, and bang it connects straight away with max signal strength!

Does anyone have any clue as to why ??? Its not a huge prob, as i run it faster than 390mhz anyway, but id like to know i can use it at stock lol!

3 pci slots separate the two cards.

I thought it may be interference of some sort - is that possible? Can the GFX core emit some sort of radio frequency that clashes with the wifi??? (2.4Ghz i think isnt it?)

Any thoughts ?
Im totally puzzled!!!

Does it have anything to do with a chunk cut out of the Wifi card (to make WC tubing fit) ???

Old 7th February 2006, 14:24   #2
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wlan dependant on GFX core speed? WTF?

Quote:
Originally posted by djivesp

I thought it may be interference of some sort - is that possible? Can the GFX core emit some sort of radio frequency that clashes with the wifi??? (2.4Ghz i think isnt it?)
that would be but plausable

can you test by placing some shielding material between the 2 cards?