It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Freezes. Freezes.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Freezes.
Closed Thread

Old 15th July 2003, 08:44   #21
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

cooler is normally under warranty
Old 15th July 2003, 08:52   #22
ModdiN MansoN

just open your case en have a look @ that gpu-cooler, if it's still rinning and properly connected, there's nothing wrong with it imo.

there's also a very large chance that your cpu is f*cked up, had a customer last year with an equally irritating problem: sometimes his pc crashed/resetted without reason, I changed 1 part every time he brought his pc in (HD, MEM, PSU, GPU, MB) but a couple of days later, he would always come back because the problem was still there, in the end it turned out to be his cpu

it doesn't mean because your cpu-temps are good and you don't see any visual damage to it that there's nothing wrong with it

Old 27th July 2003, 16:59   #23
Jolan

According to Piot, mij GPU seemed to be fine, so I ran prime95 (torture test) and it gave an error message saying something about geting a wrong number from mij HW, I ran it again and pc froze. What could be the problem?

Old 27th July 2003, 17:08   #24
ModdiN MansoN

omg, did you even care to read my previous post?

remove all non-essential cards from your pc (sound, nic, ....) and test it, if it still crashes, your cpu, mobo or RAM is broken

Old 27th July 2003, 20:42   #25
Jolan

Hmm, excuse me, overlooked it.
Memtest86 cleared out, so it should be mobo or CPU. Any programs I can run to confirm these suspicions?

Old 28th July 2003, 00:37   #26
FreeStyler

prime95
www.mersenne.org

heavy stress test.

Old 28th July 2003, 17:43   #27
Jolan

I ran it, and it froze, but I'm still not sure if it's mobo or cpu. Haven't got any spare parts to test HW.

Old 29th July 2003, 23:38   #28
FreeStyler

wel it's about an even break memory-mobo-CPU
If memtest (www.memtest86.com) runs fine, memory slips down to about 1-2% probability.
Rest is only to be tested by swapping.

Old 30th July 2003, 05:54   #29
Jolan

Then I want to post a request for help: Can anyone from region Antwerp help me with testing my HW, for I myself haven't got any replacement HW to swap.

Old 30th July 2003, 09:52   #30
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

@madlan maybe ?

I would like to, but unfortunately no time, leaving saturday on vakation, and coming bak the 15 the, ready for exams