It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Acer Aspire 1705SMi problem. Acer Aspire 1705SMi problem.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Acer Aspire 1705SMi problem.
Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2006, 16:19   #1
Blackbyte

Default Acer Aspire 1705SMi problem.

Hey, first of all, I also posted this topic on arena51's hardware forum, http://forum.arena51.be/showthread.p...286#post309286 (for all you dutch people )

Now, in English...

When I push the on/off button of my laptop, it tries to start up for about 4 seconds, and then it falls back to the startsituation... And this cycle goes on 'till I turn force it off with the on/off button. Now, once in fifteen tries, it manages to start up properly, and then everything works fine.

There's just one problem: only one of four usb-ports works properly. So I disconnected all the usb-stuff, but then also it gives the same problems.

Another problem might be this: some girl who slept in my place, 2 days ago, forced my laptop off, by pressing the on/off button 4seconds... this during a movie was playing, so I guess this can't be good either...

So at this moment, think it can a USB-hardware problem, or there's something rotten in the windows starting up files, (because of what the chick did...).

I also am NOT able to get into my bios during the start up cycle...

Old 14th March 2006, 16:34   #2
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Acer support. HW issue afaik
Old 14th March 2006, 16:59   #3
Blackbyte

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, but uh... I'm not very familiar with those things... so should I call them, email them or... ? Sorry for the probably noobie-ish question.

Old 14th March 2006, 17:09   #4
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

every company has different complicies, best place to start is the Acer website & also the shop where you bought the laptop.

here's the form to fill out @ their site: http://support.acer-euro.com/request/nl/index.html