It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

 
Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Help me do my overclock (please bear with me) Help me do my overclock (please bear with me)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Help me do my overclock (please bear with me)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2002, 16:17   #11
ChAoS Overlord
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RichBa5tard
Twice as expensive.
as in €70 ??? That's a tremendous amount of money for AIR cooling...
 
Old 13th June 2002, 16:33   #12
[M] Reviewer
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,543
DUR0N Freshly Registered
Default

yes, but an Alpha PAL 8045 is the best heatsink around, well, some swiftech is equally good, but it's even more expensive.

so an Alpha PAL 8045 + papst is performant AND silent
DUR0N is offline  
Old 13th June 2002, 17:01   #13
ChAoS Overlord
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DUR0N
yes, but an Alpha PAL 8045 is the best heatsink around, well, some swiftech is equally good, but it's even more expensive.

so an Alpha PAL 8045 + papst is performant AND silent
37 dBa isn't really silent, it's merely just bearable.

Now, I've heard you have to mount this Alpha with screws and such, doesn't this damage te mobo? Also, would this heatsink fit on my MSI KT3 Ultra?

What is the price of the alpha PAL (point me to a site where they sell it please)? If it's possible to use the 2500 RPM fan of the arctic cooling for I while, I might spread my expenses a little... Would I gain a lot allready when using this 2500 RPM, 24 dB, 30,8 CFM fan on the alpha?

Also I've heard pretty wild stories about the "fantastic" silverado noisecontrol. Are they (still) true?

EDIT: found the alpha @ modder.be for 48.85EUR, is this a good price, or is there cheaper to be found in Belgium?

EDIT 2: also the have this Thermalright AX7 Full Copper 37.27EUR .

I thought you mentioned it?
 
Old 13th June 2002, 17:21   #14
[M] Reviewer
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,543
DUR0N Freshly Registered
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ChAoS Overlord


37 dBa isn't really silent, it's merely just bearable.

Now, I've heard you have to mount this Alpha with screws and such, doesn't this damage te mobo? Also, would this heatsink fit on my MSI KT3 Ultra?

What is the price of the alpha PAL (point me to a site where they sell it please)? If it's possible to use the 2500 RPM fan of the arctic cooling for I while, I might spread my expenses a little... Would I gain a lot allready when using this 2500 RPM, 24 dB, 30,8 CFM fan on the alpha?

Also I've heard pretty wild stories about the "fantastic" silverado noisecontrol. Are they (still) true?

EDIT: found the alpha @ modder.be for 48.85EUR, is this a good price, or is there cheaper to be found in Belgium?

EDIT 2: also the have this Thermalright AX7 Full Copper 37.27EUR .

I thought you mentioned it?
yup, it should be mountable, see if there are 4 holes around your socket.
-> i checked msi site, there are 4 holes

well, loveno sells them, but loveno is expensive...
try comtechnology.net, tones.be, ...


Silverado is cool, but for €75? no way. Alpha+papst is fine then
btw... loveno sells papst fans, you can go there for the specs
DUR0N is offline  
Old 13th June 2002, 17:27   #15
vegeta
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bonbon is selling his silverado nc in the madbargains
maybe ask himp for a deal
 
Old 13th June 2002, 17:43   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 692
[Bonbon] Freshly Registered
Default

i have changed my mind ,
instead of making a fanduct on a normal cooler, i'm gonna move on to watercooling this summer , that means i need the silverado at least another month... (i have no cpucooler spare)

or you guys should let me 'win' the volcano of the contest
[Bonbon] is offline  
Old 13th June 2002, 18:38   #17
ChAoS Overlord
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So could you answer these two questions:

a) buying this thermalright AX7, is a good idea (?)

b) using my existing fan for a (relatively) short while on the Alpha/Thermalright is a good idea (?) It should be an improvement anyway, if the are such good heatsinks.
 
Old 13th June 2002, 20:05   #18
[M] Reviewer
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,543
DUR0N Freshly Registered
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ChAoS Overlord
So could you answer these two questions:

a) buying this thermalright AX7, is a good idea (?)

b) using my existing fan for a (relatively) short while on the Alpha/Thermalright is a good idea (?) It should be an improvement anyway, if the are such good heatsinks.
yes, but an alpha is better
we will all point at you and laugh

what fan is it? beter buy an new one fans get aged very fast :grum:
DUR0N is offline  
Old 13th June 2002, 20:21   #19
ChAoS Overlord
 
Posts: n/a
Default

an alpha costs more than €10 more

the fan is now a 2500 RPM model as described above (30.8 CFM)
 
Old 14th June 2002, 08:51   #20
ChAoS Overlord
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by [Bonbon]
or you guys should let me 'win' the volcano of the contest
Is that a good cooler? It's low priced! Would be very nice!
 
Closed Thread


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GIGABYTE Extends Super Overclock Series with GTX 470 SOC Graphics Card jmke WebNews 0 6th August 2010 16:41
Intel Unlock Overclock Guide and Intel Core i7 Suitcase Contest jmke WebNews 0 30th June 2010 13:15
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5870 1GB Super Overclock Video Card jmke WebNews 0 13th May 2010 20:37
GIGABYTE Extends Ultimate Super Overclock Series with HD 5870 SOC Graphics Card jmke WebNews 0 11th April 2010 10:32
Gigabyte GTX 260 896MB Super Overclock Review jmke WebNews 0 20th September 2009 14:25
Optimal GPU Overclocking with GIGABYTE’s New Super Overclock Series jmke WebNews 1 2nd September 2009 19:31
MSI R4830 512MB Overclock Edition jmke WebNews 0 19th November 2008 14:54
ABS makes overclock easier - DFI Lanparty DK P45 CPU overclock 636MHz achieved windwithme Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding 4 23rd August 2008 15:02
AM2 fire red with high value board – MSI K9N4 SLI overclock dessert windwithme Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding 2 2nd April 2007 07:40
Let's Overclock the alienware: Area-51™ pc.! |-Black-| Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding 18 13th February 2005 13:49

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:47.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO