It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block Grabs Performance Crown Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block Grabs Performance Crown
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block Grabs Performance Crown

Old 22nd October 2009, 19:24   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block Grabs Performance Crown

Pardon me while I gush for a bit, but this block is amazing. With it you get the best performance of any block on the market, you get the best mounting system of any block on the market (with no extra cost or disassembly procedures to switch sockets), you get full compatibility with all G1/4 fittings (something that's increasingly rare with high performance blocks), and you even can get a little more performance out of it if you've got tinker-itis. The other amazing thing about this block is just how well it performs in low flow scenarios. Of all the blocks I've tested, it's the most resilient to low flow rates and when you add that to best-as-tested performance in normal and high flow scenarios, that equates to untouchable performance in low flow scenarios.

The mounting system is a carry-over from their GTZs and has been improved by extending compatibility to the three most popular Intel desktop sockets while only using one bracket. Usage of the mounting hardware is slightly clumsier than previous generation because the screws don't always stick straight out (because of the usage of a slot rather than a hole for the screw), but it's still the easiest and most consistent system to use of any mounting system on the market. This is especially true when you compare it to the mounting system of some of the European blocks (EK and Watercool come to mind first) that use off-the-shelf components. I said it in the GTZ review and I'm going to repeat it here: this mounting system should be mimicked by more manufacturers, it's a huge boon in usability of the product.

http://vapor.skinneelabs.com/i7/Round2/XT/R2i7XT.html
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:28   #2
[M] Reviewer

leeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registered

ow yeah put the pressure on me John now
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:50   #3
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

just giving you something to look forward to AND crosscheck his findings to compare with yours
no pressure, except of the good kind. (flowthrough)
Old 23rd October 2009, 05:23   #4
Kougar

Sweet! Someone in addition to Swiftech that compares the XT to the HeatKillers! Was rather curious to see which one got it as knew it was going to be close...