| ||Thread Tools|
|21st December 2005, 00:08||#1|
GM's response to Bill Gates
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the
way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:
If GM had developed technology like Microsoft; we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally, your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver, such as a left turn, would
cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed an Illegal Operation" warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna
9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again, because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. You would have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
(this may be an oldie)
|21st December 2005, 00:13||#2|
Join Date: May 2002
Re: GM's response to Bill Gates
|21st December 2005, 17:38||#3|
Join Date: May 2002
all about Islam
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2003 Bill Gates email reveals frustrations with Windows XP||jmke||WebNews||0||26th June 2008 00:15|
|2008 Bill Gates CES Keynote Article||jmke||WebNews||2||7th January 2008 18:24|
|Bill Gates has encountered a problem and needs to leave...||jmke||WebNews||2||31st January 2007 15:34|
|The Wit and Wisdom of Bill Gates||jmke||WebNews||0||21st June 2006 09:16|
|Bill Gates suffers from selective memory||Sidney||WebNews||0||20th February 2005 20:28|
|Bill Gates Talks Longhorn, Xbox 2||jmke||WebNews||0||21st January 2005 12:31|
|Bill Gates: world's most-spammed man||jmke||WebNews||0||18th November 2004 17:25|
|Bill Gates: "The Shift to 64-bit Computing on the Desktop is Nearly Here"||jmke||WebNews||0||5th May 2004 22:17|