It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
NZXT Lexa Tower Case Review NZXT Lexa Tower Case Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NZXT Lexa Tower Case Review

Old 13th November 2005, 22:59   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default NZXT Lexa Tower Case Review

NZXT known for their more extravagant case designs like the Guardian and Nemesis, has decided to introduce a more common-look case. The Lexa is a sight to behold, lightweight with a lot of space, comes with 4 rather silent case fans. How does it perform? Read on to find out

http://www.madshrimps.be/gotoartik.php?articID=376
Old 14th November 2005, 00:14   #2
Hans Voral

I bet to my last penny that this case i manufactured by the same guy who made the Gygabyte 3D Aurora. The interior looks exactly the same
Old 14th November 2005, 09:45   #3
Madshrimp

Yes it seems that the insides resemble a lot; there are however a few difference when it comes to cooling, 1x120mm vs 2x80mm in the Gigabyte. Would not surprise me at all to find out that a lot all PC enclosure makers get their “frame” from the same source and just manipulate it to fit their needs.
Old 8th December 2005, 14:57   #4
Wolfje

Default Pics

If you wanna see more pics of it look my game pc on: Pics Case

Old 8th December 2005, 15:31   #5
wutske

strangly enough, this cas makes me thing about fat women (not pregnant, rely fat). Brrrr, creepy case.

@Wolfje, get a browser

Old 8th December 2005, 15:52   #6
Madshrimp

the case is very functional with good cooling and those 120mm fans are not loud either, and that's what counts for me personally. I don't care much about how a case "looks" since I don't spend my time looking at it either.

it has plug and play installation for HDD's and CD/DVD, enough room for mobo installation, but that's something you're not going to do every other day now?

most people (I think) decide which case to get after running through a series of criteria in this order:
1 price
2 functionality
3 performance/looks

cheap, aweful looking cases with sharp edges inside are being bought by the dozen at local hardware stores. People choose them because they are cheap, and not everybody has the budget to spend a large amount of money on a case. When do you have a bit more to spend, then functionality will most likely come next, a case with easy access, no sharp edges, removable motherboard tray, drive rails etc seems to be the next step up from Noname to cheaper functional cases like Aopen/Chieftec entree models.

The looks and performance of a case are only important for those who have a budget which can allow them to see higher up the ladder and get a better quality case. Depending on what the end user wants, looks will come first (nice integration with surroundings) or performance (overclocking their system to limit).
Old 8th December 2005, 16:08   #7
Wolfje

Agree m8,
Old 12th January 2006, 01:39   #8
Madshrimp

article had an update: Update 12/01/2006: There seem to be some problems with the LCD screen on the Lexa. But support reacts quick and replacements parts are shipped.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...&articID=3 76