It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH

Old 25th July 2004, 19:51   #31
Victorious25

Hey again. I just tried removing the audio/firewire card and running the system, and still no sound. Do I need some drivers, because I was under the assumption that the VIA Envy24 ones were for the 7.1 audio, not the integrated audio.
Old 25th July 2004, 22:11   #32
Kerry

Hi V:

I'd prefer that you stay here, all this is important to me also, and perhaps other 9JCS owners.

Thanks, Kerry
Old 25th July 2004, 22:34   #33
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

The extension card will only extend the amount of connectors available to the VIA Envy24 chip, this is hardware so you don't need to install other drivers AFAIK

but I have the Chaintech board hooked up here in the other room and I'll do some tests.. get back to you soon
Old 26th July 2004, 19:42   #34
Madshrimp

okay, installed the latest VIA soundcard drivers from the Chaintech site, verified that jumpers were on the board, plugged my headphone in the bottom sound-out and started playing MP3's

using the VIA control panel I could change volume, balance etc, seems to work fine over here. I don't have a 5.1 system lying around so I can't test for further functionality, but sound on this motherboard definity does work.

if you try the exact same thing and it DOES not work I would send the board to Chaintech for repair.
Old 26th July 2004, 22:30   #35
Victorious25

Well for now i am borrowing a kinda old sound card from my friend so i at least have some audio. Im downloading the newest drivers from chaintech and will try those. But I have another question now. I have read in a few places that haing two ethernet cords plugged into the same computer that it increases the bandwidth. The chaintech 9CJS Zenith motherboard comes with to. Does it really increase bandwidth?
Old 26th July 2004, 22:36   #36
Kerry

Hi jmke:

Is that driver VIA IC Ensemble 5/7/03 V 5.12.1.3613?

The reason I ask is that I've found that Chaintech's webiste does not have the latest drivers, and, their Intel RAID driver simple didn't work for my XP Pro RAID1, whereas the most recent one from Intel's web site did.

As always, thanks for being there

Kerry
Old 26th July 2004, 22:42   #37
Madshrimp

I got these drivers:

* Envy24 Family Drivers Package Release Version 1.40 *
* 2003/07/28 (Ver 1.4)

about the network bandwith question, one of the network connections on the Chaintech is a 10/100/1000 gigabit controller, you should try get it connect it to a gigabit switch for the highest network speed!

I'm selling the motherboard to cover for costs I have for keeping up with this hobby so I can no longer provide "online" support, but the motherboard is probably going to remain inside the crewmember group so that would work out well
Old 27th July 2004, 01:44   #38
Kerry

Just to make sure I understand you correctly. I have my Road Runner cable modem plugged into my 9jcs's 10/100M LAN Port, but you're saying I should be using the GIGA LAN port because it will increase, say the download speed and perhaps surfing speed?

Not sure what you mean by, "...try get it connect it to a gigabit switch for the highest network speed." Where do I find such a switch?

In fact, all this time I've had an icon (two monitors) in my System Tool Tray with a red X, that reads, "Local Area Connection 2, a network cable is unplugged." I could have sworn I read that the GIGA Lan is not optimized for RR, that it's a near-future kind of feature. Must be time for me to increase my Ginko dosage. :

Good luck on selling your 9jcs. I'd think it would sell fast.

Thanks, Kerry
Old 27th July 2004, 06:57   #39
Madshrimp

your Road Runner Cable modem will work perfectly fine on the 10/100 Lan port, since the max throughput won't even saturate 10mbit

Gigabit speed is reserved for LANs at this time
Old 27th July 2004, 11:43   #40
Kerry

That's good news. My sanity is restored.

Thanks,

Kerry