It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Audioengine Audiophile AE2 and AE5 PC Speakers Review Audioengine Audiophile AE2 and AE5 PC Speakers Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audioengine Audiophile AE2 and AE5 PC Speakers Review

Old 22nd June 2008, 02:01   #11
haelduksf

I have no intention of starting an internet argument, and this will be my last post on the subject. I only hope to have enlightened some of your readers (or at least as many as actually read these comments). Of course, I have no delusions of changing your own opinion of audiophile gear/testing; you have, at this point, invested far too much of your time, effort, money, and reputation to perform an about-face now.

I will not waste an AV shop owner's time, demoing equipment that I have neither the means nor the desire to buy. The best I am willing to do is comparing a friend's audiophile gear to his Peavy commercial amp... and to be frank, I've been there and done that, and heard nothing special. Of course, this only proves that I have unsophisticated ears, right? Either way, you may write as many reviews as you wish, using whatever methodology you wish. I have ignored all the "golden-eared" placebo-peddlers before you; one more should be doable.

As for your attacks on Mr. Randi, it is blindingly obvious that you've read up on him and his challenge; your smears are the same as have been repeated ad nauseam against Mr. Randi by quacks and psychics for the last 10 years, and I think they speak for themselves.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:16   #12
Liquid3D

It's feelings and belief systems which (IMO) drive us (me) to react to criticism, albeit veiled, subtle or terse. My philosophy is that the only "corner of the universe I can be certain of improving, is my own self." This is not so easy if you "feel" attacked. Especially when someone is adamant in their position. When I choose to stand defiant thinking only about right and wrong, I fail to grow. This does not mean I must rearrange my personal mosaic, my belief systems each time someone confronts me. And while it seems like it just the method being confronted when comments are made (founded or not) about people like Mr Randi or Audiophiles with "golden ears" not only is there collateral damage, we get further from the truth.

In Philosophy an argument has no negative connotations, it is a means to an end. When I said I would use blond testing in my next review, I wasn't being patronizing nor sarcastic, I am going to try it because I feel it may have validity.

Your criticism is often more valuable then a string of compliments, since I cannot always see myself, nor am all knowing. I understand enough psychology to know one can certainly convince oneself a $600 pair of speaker cable sound better then a $200 pair, and then there's the science. If silver is a better conductor then Copper, and shielding protects from EMI, then why shouldn't that manifest itself as an improvement in sound?

None the less I am sincere when i say; thank you for your criticism, it may (I hope) give my future tests more validity.

Soon I'll be testing cables such as the Oyaide Tunami Nigo speaker cable below, that'll be fun...

Last edited by Liquid3D : 23rd June 2008 at 14:20.