It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Xtex's My Tablet gets you 7 inches of tasty ICS for just 150 bones (update) Xtex's My Tablet gets you 7 inches of tasty ICS for just 150 bones (update)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xtex's My Tablet gets you 7 inches of tasty ICS for just 150 bones (update)

Old 17th April 2012, 07:24   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Xtex's My Tablet gets you 7 inches of tasty ICS for just 150 bones (update)

Tablets are are great and all, but they sure can be expensive -- especially if you want one running a newer version of Android. Step in Xtex's $150 My Tablet, a 7-inch device loaded with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, a 16GB HDD (expandable to 48 GB via its TF card slot) and a 1.5Ghz CPU complimented by 1GB of RAM. That's not all, though, as the device also packs a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, an HDMI output and mini and standard USB ports. That low price does mean you'll be making do with a screen resolution of 800 x 480 and only WiFi connectivity, but you'll get to choose from its very neapolitan-esque black, white and pink colorways. Considering the My Tablet is nearly half the price of an Andy Pad Pro, it sure does looks appetizing on paper -- as long as you keep your expectations reasonable, that is. Satisfy your sweet tooth with more images in the gallery below and the press release after the break.

Update: Apparently, this tablet isn't as new as it seems. As it would turn out, it looks to be a re-badge of the Zync Z990 that's sold in India.

Update 2: Xtex has contacted us to clarify the My Tablet's relationship to the Zync Z990 stating "...although we do have the same outer shell (chose from an already created mold to cut down pricing to end consumer) all the parts and etc. are completely different from the Zync."

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/x...ream-sandwich/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote