WD Photos Photo Viewer App Offers HD Vids from iOS and Android to WD TV Live Hub
IRVINE, Calif., May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Western Digital® (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in external storage solutions and maker of the popular WD TV® media player family, today introduced the newest version of its WD Photos™ photo viewer app, which now works with the WD TV® Live™ Hub media center from an Apple® iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or Android™ compatible smartphone or tablet.
Consumers can create content with their iOS® or Android device and send it directly to anyone with a WD TV Live Hub media center for big screen viewing and enjoyment. This feature is ideal for business travelers who want to keep in touch with their family and share their adventures in a fun and creative way. It is also a great way for students and distant family members to share life's moments as they happen.
In addition, WD Photos photo viewer app allows consumers to remotely access content stored on their WD TV Live Hub media center or My Book® Live™ network drive from their portable device, anywhere in the world. This provides access to hundreds of photos without reducing memory on a user's iPhone or Android device while allowing others on the home network to continue to enjoy the same content. And, if a user's portable device is lost or misplaced, the content still resides safely within the home.
"The WD TV Live Hub media center already lets users store and play 1 TB of their personal videos, photos and music plus enjoy the best of Internet services including Netflix®, YouTube™, Pandora® and Facebook®, all without a computer," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of WD branded products. "Now with the new release of WD Photos, the world's first smartphone-to-HDTV video sharing app, WD TV Live Hub helps users stay in touch with friends and family in high-definition."
WD Photos Photo Viewer App Features
Features of the WD Photos photo viewer app include:
* Pinch and zoom functionality so consumers can digitally zoom in on the displayed photo;
* Instantly post photos to Facebook;
* Create a slideshow with transitions to create digital art;
* Access previously viewed photos even when the user is offline;
* View photos all at once or filter them by folder or album;
* Search by file name, folder name, or date using the built-in search options;
* E-mail a photo to a friend;
* Assign a photo to a contact;
* Supports iPhone iOS4 so user can listen to music as they view their photos;
* Enables users to view their pictures on their iPad or Android tablet; and
* Consumers can also allow up to four smartphones or tablets access to their WD TV Live Hub media center.
WD Photos Compatibility
Users can download the free app from the Android Market or the Apple iTunes® store. The WD Photos photo viewer app is compatible with Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch mobile devices and the most popular Android smartphones. Photos are automatically optimized for viewing on your mobile device. WD Photos photo viewer app is also compatible with leading Android tablets.
Users must own a WD TV Live Hub media center and register with WD®'s free, secure remote access service to use the WD Photos photo viewer app. Android devices must have OS 2.1 or higher and iPhones or iPod touches must have OS 3.1 or later.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:28.|
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO