It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
SteelSeries Simraceway SRW-S1 Steering Wheel Review SteelSeries Simraceway SRW-S1 Steering Wheel Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SteelSeries Simraceway SRW-S1 Steering Wheel Review

Old 24th February 2012, 07:27   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default SteelSeries Simraceway SRW-S1 Steering Wheel Review

The day has come that I have fully tried out many titles with this new racing steering wheel and I think you are really going to like what you find here in this review and in the product, as I did. Conventional wheels need a desktop to mount to and a place for the pedals to go and hopefully not slide across the room as you use them. With this concept it is more about comfort and convenience while still offering you a very involved feeling on a wheel that doesn't offer force feedback or vibration support. Since it had been a really long time since I used a wheel for games, I also made sure to get to Chris' house and tried out his force feedback setup with the chair and the works just to be sure I had a full perspective of what is offered currently in the "clamp-on wheel" category.

What I will be willing to say up front, is even without the tactile feel of the wheels on the road, or the vibration of the car as you slide out into the marbles, it makes this wheel no less appealing or fun to use with your favorite racers, SIM or arcade games. Speaking of SIM racing, this wheel is built specifically to work in conjunction with Simraceway, but loads as a default wheel controller and lacks the need for drivers to work with almost any PC title offering out there.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/456...iew/index.html
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote