| ||Thread Tools|
|17th November 2006, 18:38||#1|
Join Date: May 2002
SiSoftware Sandra XI Released
SiSoftware has announced the launch of SiSoftware Sandra XI, the latest version of its award-winning utility, which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, Pocket PC1, Smartphone2, small office/home office (SOHO) networks and enterprise networks.
This version further builds on the re-written user interface (UI) as introduced in 2007, adding UI improvements like:
* Multi-Core Efficiency benchmark: Shows how efficient the processors cores and their inter-connects are in comparison to other typical processors.
* Mobile Device Transfer: Shows how fast your computer can transfer data to/from your mobile device (PDA2, Smartphone2) and how this compares to other mobile devices.
* New benchmark comparisons: ‘difference’ bars to quickly see differences in values.
* Ability to contrast benchmark results against other variables in charts.
* All dialogs are now asynchronous and provide progress information.
* Theme framework: you can now load different themes and customise the colours of charts; allows users to truly make Sandra look the way they like it.
From the GUI, you can make scripts from all the wizards to perform common tasks such as creating reports and Burn-in. What’s more, you can load and modify the scripts once you have created them. These scripts can be saved for later use or shared with others.
While talking about sharing, Sandra XI now allows you to export your results and share them with colleagues, send them to friends, and post them on news groups. Once you have exported some test results, these can be imported into another install of Sandra (providing it is the same version). This is available on all versions of Sandra ‘out of the box’, and Sandra Enterprise extends the result storing by providing the ‘Data Repository’, a single database for storing results from a remote machine.
While there is lots of talk about Vista*/Longhorn* in the air, SiSoftware has been testing against the RC release of Vista* for this version. While official support for Vista* in Sandra cannot be offered until it has been tested against a release version of Vista*, work has been done to ensure that support for Vista* in Sandra is something that we see as a top priority. Since we know lots of customers test not only new hardware, but all new operating systems. This is why features like Microsoft* cross-signed Kernel drivers for Vista*/Longhorn*, Aero (Glass) support in the Sandra Management Console, UAC (User Access Control) support for all services, to name a few, are there now.
With each release, we add new support and compatibility for the latest hardware, architectures and operating systems, and this is no exception. SiSoftware continues to work with hardware vendors to ensure the best support for new emerging hardware.
As a thank you to all our loyal customers, we are offering a free, complimentary upgrade to Sandra XI to all our Sandra 2007 customers. Please contact your distributor to obtain your free, complimentary upgrade.
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
* 4 platform native support (Win32 x86, Win64 x64, Win64 IA641, WinCE ARM2) in a single installer
* 15 established benchmarking modules, 2 new benchmarks, native for all platforms
* 34 detailed information modules
* Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel*, AMD/ATI*, SiS*, VIA*)
* 5 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Russian) in a single installer
* Enhanced Sandra Lite version (free for personal/educational use)
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SP2 for SiSoftware Sandra XII/2008 released||jmke||WebNews||0||8th April 2008 17:49|
|SP1 for SiSoftware Sandra XII released||jmke||WebNews||0||14th December 2007 10:11|
|SiSoftware Sandra XII (2008) Released: .NET and Java support||jmke||WebNews||1||20th August 2007 23:04|
|SiSoftware Sandra Professional Business XI||jmke||WebNews||0||20th July 2007 15:48|
|SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2007 XI.SP1||jmke||WebNews||0||5th February 2007 18:50|
|SiSoftware Sandra 2007 SP1 Released||jmke||WebNews||0||7th August 2006 22:39|
|SiSoftware Sandra 2007 Business Edition||jmke||WebNews||0||6th June 2006 09:59|
|SiSoftware Introduces Sandra 2007||jmke||WebNews||0||12th May 2006 09:32|
|SiSoftware Sandra 2004 SP2 2004.7.9.129||jmke||WebNews||1||25th June 2004 05:55|