It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Silentmaxx HD-Silencer Silentmaxx HD-Silencer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Silentmaxx HD-Silencer

Old 28th October 2005, 19:52   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default Silentmaxx HD-Silencer

A couple of years ago I had to give up my dedicated computer room and move my systems into the sitting area by my front room. When things were in the old room, I didn’t mind the constant hum of my firewall or my main system; I could always turn the speakers up a bit to drown it all out. When it was all moved into close proximity to the TV, however, things began to change. The little Sun SPARC classic and its noisy power supply fan became too much to take and I had to trade it out with a typical DSL router. That made things quieter, but the main system with three 80mm fans was still grating on my ears.

It just so happens that Silentmaxx, producer of silent PC components, makes a hard drive enclosure that manages to cool your drive as well as make it quieter. QuietPC USA is the exclusive distributor of Silentmaxx products in North America and they were nice enough to send me the Silentmaxx HD-silencer for review. With its heatsink-ish exterior, this enclosure promises to keep your drive and your ears happy, but will it deliver?

Review Link:

http://www.thetechlounge.com/articles.php?id=233

Also check our Scythe Silent BOX SBX-1000
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=340

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote