It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Scythe Grand Kama Cross CPU Cooler Review Scythe Grand Kama Cross CPU Cooler Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scythe Grand Kama Cross CPU Cooler Review

Old 30th December 2009, 09:59   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Scythe Grand Kama Cross CPU Cooler Review

With the Kama CROSS presented Scythe at the beginning of 2008 a radiator, which optically much made differently than the other radiators. Thus the radiator possessed the so-called “X structure”, which should provide not only for a good ventilation of the radiator but also for the components lying therefore. Also the assembly of a 100-mm-Lüfters was not everyday, these could if necessary also for a larger 120-mm-Lüfter be exchanged. Now, scarcely two years later, the successor of the Sonderlings appeared. With an easily changed lamella form, a new exhaust and a proven concept the radiator is to join the number of the Top radiators of Scythe. Whether this succeeds to it, see you on the following pages.

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=de&ie=UTF-8
Old 21st January 2010, 11:06   #2
wilhelm Andersson

Hi guys
I installed the GKC heatsink on i7940 and Gene i understand it works out good if I'm not totally "gone".
This after first tried out the Big Shurikan and it worked well also after some mod. More a question what your after OC or a high performance system usage.
As I have posted some regarding this cooling and do not really want to duplicate it (heavy doing. a lot of pictures and diagrams from benchtesting my system.

If you´re intrested in cooling You will not be dissapointed and worth your while.

I would post a URL but not able to do it for now.Therefore here is the sole text if you want to check it out.
Pls go to this location manually:- http://www.scythe-eu.com/forum/grand...aluations.html

This is related to Grand Kama Cross heatsink. My other posts about GKC and B-Shurikan builds check out my "Profile----AiAiAi" for my albums and more writing.
Have been active in the Scythe forum some time to understand heatsink cooling better and fix my computer.beleive it turned out just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
scythe-grand-kama-cross-cpu-cooler-review-16-chassi-fan-will-go-outside-supply-room-air.jpg scythe-grand-kama-cross-cpu-cooler-review-2009-12-13-occt-gkc.jpg scythe-grand-kama-cross-cpu-cooler-review-74-74.jpg

Last edited by jmke : 21st January 2010 at 11:31.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:34   #3
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

seems you had to cut off some of the ram sinks to make this cooler fit
Old 21st January 2010, 17:18   #4
wilhelm Andersson

For the GKC-Yes I had to cut the first slot AC-cooling fins some.But really no deal as thats when all slots and win7 64bit OS was installed.From the beginning I had only Vista 32bit and now both.The cooling would be sufficent with the rams origional as I'm not OC so much.Had sensors from the Scythe fan controller on the rams for testing but never went higher than 40C.
When Big Shuriken rhey passed on the side after bending the fins a little.
Like I mentioned they both are great coolers but are made to fit different systems and coolong demands. I could have stayed with the Shurikan but wanted to see what the GKC had to give. I don't know more or less anything about OC but tried and got some info from SKILL in Us for my rams to load the system some.All I've done can be found at Scythe forum as mentioned or Google after: SCYTHE AiAiAI there will be a few posts and catches.
First attach is a test Everest B-Shuriken and next the fins bendt to pass heatsink and my temp sensors &high end fan Noctua to increase the cooling as I loaded over 150W by the CPU.

EDIT: 2010-01-23
After reading your review of ASUS RampageII Gene and OC I made the same settings of @3.8GHz, 800 RAM and QPI 3800MHz.

Vaidation string [CPU-Z Validator3.1]
valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=967099

I got about the same temps as when running the test with SKILL Us settings I received for my Rams.
I attached a couple pics. from; scythe-eu.com/forum/members/aiaiai-albums.html
The GKC is a cooler with a diversed use since it cools the mob and components around the CPU that normally would be soo by the stock cooler. As all Scythe sinks it's quiet and effective.

QUESTION to Madsh....:Are you to test this cooler yourselves and if when is it planned for?
Attachment:
Third=Everest followed by OCCT test @3.8GHz, core temps and CPU-Z, validation string above no URL.
Last two OCCT cores uring test.
Attached Thumbnails
scythe-grand-kama-cross-cpu-cooler-review-text-stabilitytest-blandat-everest-stalker-publish-encode-dvd-rez.png scythe-grand-kama-cross-cpu-cooler-review-cpuid-1belastad.png scythe-grand-kama-cross-cpu-cooler-review-2010-01-22-15h51-cpu1.png scythe-grand-kama-cross-cpu-cooler-review-2010-01-22-15h51-cpu4.png

Last edited by wilhelm Andersson : 24th January 2010 at 00:23.