It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Repairable laptops make an appearance Repairable laptops make an appearance
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repairable laptops make an appearance

Old 27th July 2021, 07:58   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Repairable laptops make an appearance

13.5-inch Framework Laptop respond to demand

The 13.5-inch Framework Laptop has been released and it is designed to be as customisable, upgradable and repairable as technologically possible.

Dismissed by the Tame Apple Press, as “nostalgia” which believes that such a device is against Apple’s moves to make more profits by producing products which are impossible to repair outside its own labs, the laptop is pretty cool.

It features four expansion card slots, slide-in modules that snap into USB-C connectors, socketed storage and RAM, a replaceable mainboard module with fixed CPU and fan, battery, screen, keyboard and more. It's a design that makes the parts easy to access, all while delivering solid performance at competitive prices and without sacrificing aesthetics.

You can preorder it in the US and Canada, slated to ship in small batches depending upon the configuration. Core i7-based systems are expected to go out in August, while Core i5 systems won't be available until September. Prices for the Framework Laptop start at $999 for the prefab Core i5-1135G7 model with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD, $1,399 for the Core i7-1165G7 Performance model with 16GB RAM and 512GB storage or a vPro Core i7-1185G7 Professional model with 32GB RAM and 1TB storage.

Framework expects to expand into new regions by the end of the year. The DIY model adds Linux to the list of operating systems you can install and doesn't restrict Windows Pro to the vPro model...

https://fudzilla.com/news/pc-hardwar...-an-appearance
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote