It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Quality over Quantity: Game of Year Revealed: Uncharted 2. CODMW2 Fans Unhappy Quality over Quantity: Game of Year Revealed: Uncharted 2. CODMW2 Fans Unhappy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quality over Quantity: Game of Year Revealed: Uncharted 2. CODMW2 Fans Unhappy

Old 14th December 2009, 13:19   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Quality over Quantity: Game of Year Revealed: Uncharted 2. CODMW2 Fans Unhappy

It seems that the Spike Video Game Awards have created some unhappiness due to the puzzling results, which gave the top honor of Game of the Year to Uncharted 2. Prior to the actual show most had already given the top award to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, which is what it should have been in the opinion of most.

To complicate the matter, Uncharted 2 was also given the awards for Best Graphics and Best PlayStation 3 game. While no one is going to dispute that it was the Best PlayStation 3 game, and maybe you could even make a serious case for the fact that it might have deserved the award for Best Graphics, the problem is that sales numbers don’t lie; and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has the sales numbers to back up the fact that it should have been named Game of the Year.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16812/38/
Old 14th December 2009, 13:22   #2
Madshrimp

Haven't played Uncharted 2 yet; just finished Uncharted 1; to be honest, I enjoyed CODMW1 more than Uncharted 1, but that has mostly to do with the controls; played CODMW1 & CODMW2 on PC with mouse/keyboard, Uncharted on PS3 with thumbstick controller, not very accurate and frustrating at times, fighting against the controller more than enjoying the game... still, playtime value wise Uncharted wins hands down; CODMW versions can be finished in less than 4 hours, each. Uncharted 1 took me close to 8 hours, thanks to the sucky controls I must admit
Old 15th December 2009, 20:39   #3
Rutar

Is it just me or did this year in games suck?
Old 15th December 2009, 20:58   #4
Madshrimp

Left4Dead2
Uncharted2
ModernWarfare2
all worthy games
Old 16th December 2009, 05:36   #5
JimmyJump

Add to those "Dirt 2", "The Saboteur", "Divinty II: Ego Draconis", "S.T.AL.K.E.R. Call Of Prypyat (out in Eastern Europe only, for the time being) and "Borderlands" (maybe even "Avatar") and the year ends in relative beauty...

Must confess I been (re)playing mostly games dating from 2008 or 2007 ("Bioshock", "Dead Space", "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion", "Fallout 3", "Mass Effect", "Fear II", "Crysys Warhead", "Far Cry II", "S.T.AL.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl", etc...

I stopped with Call Of Duty after the second installment --for no particular reason-- but it seems I must delve into the series again, judging by what I saw on GameSpot...
Old 16th December 2009, 08:23   #6

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

lucky guys... :-(
The Senile Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 17:20   #7
Rutar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJump View Post
Must confess I been (re)playing mostly games dating from 2008 or 2007 ("Bioshock", "Dead Space", "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion", "Fallout 3", "Mass Effect", "Fear II", "Crysys Warhead", "Far Cry II", "S.T.AL.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl", etc...
My point, 2008 >>> 2009 for games