It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Overclocking the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 + Core i7-980X with LN2 Overclocking the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 + Core i7-980X with LN2
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Overclocking the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 + Core i7-980X with LN2

Old 11th July 2010, 13:16   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Overclocking the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 + Core i7-980X with LN2

2010 is shaping up to be a fun year for me. Some of the hardware that is available is staggering. Rich in features, easy to use and quality components; which brings us to the motherboard that we will be looking at today, GIGABYTEs new top of the line GA-X58A-UD9.

I almost feel sorry for the CPU knowing how I am going to torture it with this weapon, and torture it I will. As you know, I’m not one for air testing so I will leave most of that to others. What I want to know is how it rocks when we crank the volts over 1.9vcore and freeze it to below -150degrees Celsius.

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/33...nzo/index.html
Old 12th July 2010, 08:50   #2
[M] Reviewer

thorgal Freshly Registered

This is getting a bit ridiculous. It cost him 3 (three!) dead 980x cpu's just do do these tests. Oh sorry: one + two seriously degrade one's which will likely be sold in as new condition . Anyway in my humble opinion this cannot be the purpose of over clocking, nor the result.

thorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 10:07   #3
[M] Reviewer

Massman Freshly Registered

It must be said, though, that Gulftown is a lot more sensitive to voltage and overclocking then Bloomfield was. Even the early Bloomfields were incredibly difficult to kill even at the very edge of stability whereas Gulftowns seem to even go at moderate voltages and frequencies.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:12   #4
wutske

Dead hardware due to overclocking is nothing special, it's a shame he wasted his money on three 980x's, but as longs as I'm not paying, I don't care .
It's just stupid that he killed 3 cpu's for a quick test of the motherboard and that he even didn't break any record or something.