It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
OCZ Technology Increases Memory Voltage: Voltage Boosting Device OCZ Technology Increases Memory Voltage: Voltage Boosting Device
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OCZ Technology Increases Memory Voltage: Voltage Boosting Device

Old 25th July 2004, 01:10   #21
Liquid3D

Oh we'll have a review alright, come Hell or High Voltage...hehehedududududhhhh

I'm working on a new Optimizer myself.

I call it the;

Crab-o-master-flab-o-matic-crack-as-tic-skank-a-twank-ster-zip-crip-tippy-tripper-dingle-berry-puller-spooch-er-master-jam-twatic-big-ole-butt-o-clocker...

I basically take a lamp cord, cut the bare wires, attach one to each ear with binding posts (ear piercing kit comes in the box), place an LED in my mouth (clnech between teeth), hold a stick of memory in one hand and stick my other hand in my reservoir (or metal bucket of water). Then I plug it in. You have to use regular water, no dionized, and you get some serious action. I don't how much I overclock, because I keep waking up in the hospital smelling burnt flesh, with the OCZ logo burned into the palm of my hand. I'm definately getting a patent on this.

Stay tuned for the review

Old 25th July 2004, 02:44   #22
kristos

Drugs are evol !!

Bad Liquid, bad !!

Old 25th July 2004, 13:44   #23
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by Xploited Titan
Yep, but it sucks... If you wanna use it on a NF7-S rev.2 board, you lose the Dual Channel function...

do you even know how much the performance difference is between single/dual channel on an nForce2 mobo?

it's pratically NONE existant!
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...254&articID=78
Old 25th July 2004, 14:55   #24
Liquid3D

That'a amazing JMKE. I had this image in my head that Dual DDR is analogous to "Stereo" or something. And with Mono you were missing out. But I never knew the performance difference was that small!

This gives me a whole knew perspective on my Athlon64 3400, Chaintech ZNF3-250 system. Although Chaintech STILL hasn't released a BIOS which allows multiplier adjustment, using Clock Gen for nForce3 allows you to change the multipleir, but you can only use one stick of memory. So now I can place one 1024MB stick of Kingston in my board, have plenty of memory, and be able to overclock my system for real!!!
Old 25th July 2004, 15:03   #25
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Liquid3D
This gives me a whole knew perspective on my Athlon64 3400, Chaintech ZNF3-250 system. Although Chaintech STILL hasn't released a BIOS which allows multiplier adjustment, using Clock Gen for nForce3 allows you to change the multipleir, but you can only use one stick of memory. So now I can place one 1024MB stick of Kingston in my board, have plenty of memory, and be able to overclock my system for real!!!
I had the same issue on my Shuttle AN50R. Only could change the multi when I used one stick of memory.
Old 25th July 2004, 15:08   #26
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

do note that those tests are for NFORCE2 AXP only, don't know if there is a large difference between SC<>DC on nForce3 boards.. with A64 FX CPU's
Old 25th July 2004, 20:51   #27
Xploited Titan

Do note that I paid a lot for Dual Channel memory... I don't see the point of using it in Single Channel and paid so much...
Old 25th July 2004, 21:23   #28

[Bonbon] Freshly Registered

if you gain more then 9 mhz fsb , there is a point of using it in single channel , even if you paid for dual channel.

but maybe a 3.3 V Voltmod @ the motherboard is more usefull for you