It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
nVENTIV Introduced Most Powerful Mass PC Cooling Solution nVENTIV Introduced Most Powerful Mass PC Cooling Solution
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

nVENTIV Introduced Most Powerful Mass PC Cooling Solution

Old 19th March 2004, 12:52   #11
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by calantak
rob me
get his Porsche, it's omnium insured
Old 19th March 2004, 13:49   #12
FreeStyler

.12cal?? and what does that do, tickle?

Try 12 gauge if you mean a shotgun.
Old 19th March 2004, 20:20   #13
kristos

shotgun

he was talking about his sawed off pellet gun !!
Old 19th March 2004, 20:43   #14

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyler
.12cal?? and what does that do, tickle?

Try 12 gauge if you mean a shotgun.
16/20 more likely then
DUR0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2004, 20:17   #15
kristos

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=618&s=1

eat your heart out nVENTIV :grin:

prolly costs less to make to... IF you can make it =-)
Old 21st March 2004, 09:18   #16

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

however, the gt at cebit looked quite great...

5 ghz of prescott power cooled to -50+ evap temp...

@ the vrzone article... : it's very good for them but it actually doesn't mean anything to me, it's unusable in everyday situations due to its placetaking sloppy and longterm unstable character...
and it's not transportable

To me a mach 2 means usability AND looks AND superior cooling...
THis has NO appeal to me, however cold it is...
The Senile Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2004, 04:26   #17
kristos

I bet to differ

I feel that if you choose to go the phase change way, the retail products are waaaaaayyy to expensive, unfortunately, building your own phase change rig isn't like putting together your own watercooling. You need skills, tools, and a basic idea of where to get both.

If I'd have the skills, there would be no doubt on my mind as to what I would do. The prices for any retail phase change cooling, no matter how basic you take it, is way too expansive as I said before. I don't care if you can use and reuse it (to some extend) for years to come, to me, it's still not worth it.

For the price you pay for a prommy, you can build your own that is by far superiour to the retails.

As for looks and movability; I think hiding your ugly phase change rig in a (wooden if need be) case seems like the simplest thing to do of the enter project and as far as moving it (for LAN's or such) is concerned, you're just nuts, even concidering of hoaling (<--?) the whole "santeboetiek" around sounds stupid to me (no offense). The only reason of existense to me seems to be that of overclocking; not bragging rights, not looks, not movability, ...
Old 23rd March 2004, 04:29   #18
kristos

I really need to start reading over my post before actually posting it... all those spelling mistakes :spank:
Old 23rd March 2004, 08:16   #19
TeuS

blame the early/late hour and the admin

I agree with you: phase-change stuff isn't ment to be moved to LAN parties.

selling phase-changed units to everyday consumers is very difficult: if you sell a freezer, you put in the power plug and voila, it works. now regular consumers have to play the technician theirselves and start working with the very sensitive capillary tubing.

that's not more then normal, I guess. but frequently something goes wrong and then you're standing there with a $1000 deluxe freezer. the capillary tubing gets damaged if you twist the evaporator too much, fortunately you can get that fixed by any refrigerations expert. too bad Nventiv is still screwing around with the temperature sensors, the units have to be sent back often to Nventiv for something small like a temperature sensor

watercooling is difficult to handle: filling, bleeding, building it in. phase-changed units are even harder to handle: they're heavy as lead, the evaporator can't make good contact, you can get condensation and the unit might break down.

if you want some nice OC's or a silent PC, watercooling is worth the effort. you have to take the disadvantages with it. a prometeia or vapo is meant for the hardcore OC'ers: if you get one, you're addicted to OC'ing so you should take all disadvantages with it.