It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Memory for Ultrabook - Scaling SODIMM RAM Density vs. Battery Life Memory for Ultrabook - Scaling SODIMM RAM Density vs. Battery Life
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Memory for Ultrabook - Scaling SODIMM RAM Density vs. Battery Life

Old 5th February 2013, 10:20   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Memory for Ultrabook - Scaling SODIMM RAM Density vs. Battery Life

Today's test really answers a lot of questions for me, or at least brings to light something I've observed and not spent a lot of time thinking about.

When I buy a new notebook the first thing is do is slap in the fastest SSD available at the time and fill the system full of RAM. There are usually a couple of days in between getting the notebook from the OEM and then 'making it mine'. Before I really didn't think too much about it, but I could always tell the battery life had dropped off, but I never realized exactly how much until now. These tests tell us that you want to use a few memory sticks in your laptop as possible for optimal battery life. It does make a sizable difference to performance.

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/51...ife/index.html