It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
iPad coming to Europe May 28. Pricing Revealed iPad coming to Europe May 28. Pricing Revealed
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPad coming to Europe May 28. Pricing Revealed

Old 10th May 2010, 15:14   #41
[M] Reviewer

thorgal Freshly Registered

OK, I'd like to see it cheaper as well (who doesn't), but I ask you again : give me a comparable touch device for the same price and I'll consider it. The truth is, there aren't any TODAY. IF HP comes with its slate, we'll see, but you know, they won't come any time soon, because they can't match the price yet, or they can match it, but not increase the feature set enough to make it look more interesting. Same with all those TEGRA devices. I'd love to see them around, but who know what the price will be (or weight, or battery life)...

So yes, today Apple does have a winner, even at the current price point.

thorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 15:16   #42
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

winner for you, that is clear.
those who actually are looking for something more than a fancy picture frame... will go laptop
Old 10th May 2010, 15:21   #43
[M] Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
those who actually are looking for something more than a fancy picture frame... will go laptop
You know, actually the problem with the HP slate, or Microsoft's attempt was the fact that they thought Apple was going to introduce their tablet at around $799 or $699 "worst case". The fact that they actually undercut this price (giving up features along the way, I agree : front/back facing camera ? USB ?) was a killing move, quite literally for all tablet competitors up until today.

Old 10th May 2010, 15:24   #44
Madshrimp

tablet PC in general never really took off. I would never consider it, not at a price like $500 (which is fully blown PC range); as a gadget it might work, but at $250 or so, like the Wii. It's not a gaming console, it's a gaming gadget.

but let's stop locking horns I agree that we disagree

Old 10th May 2010, 15:25   #45
[M] Reviewer

I agree

Old 10th May 2010, 17:56   #46
Kougar

Quote:
No. Most already own a laptop, they are buying this as an extra. The iPad has been an astounding hit so far, and is not a "niche" product like I originally thought. Over 1 million have been sold in 28 days, this is under half the time required by the iPhone.

...and they have not even been released outside North America yet. Whatever you or I think of the device, Apple's "price" isn't stopping people from buying.
Old 10th May 2010, 18:02   #47
Madshrimp

I dont have a laptop... anyway

Quote:
Apple's "price" isn't stopping people from buying.
PS3 's price wasnt stopping it either....

Quote:
consoles sold

consoles sold
guess which number represents Wii

Last edited by jmke : 10th May 2010 at 18:04.
jmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 18:18   #48
Kougar

Quote:
I dont have a laptop... anyway
I was referring to people that are buying iPads, unless you secretly have one.

Quote:
guess which number represents Wii
Above 33M and 70M each now, with the Wii in the lead. How does this relate to the iPad?
Old 10th May 2010, 18:25   #49
Madshrimp

pricing.
target group.
product category.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:55   #50
wutske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kougar View Post
No. Most already own a laptop, they are buying this as an extra. The iPad has been an astounding hit so far, and is not a "niche" product like I originally thought. Over 1 million have been sold in 28 days, this is under half the time required by the iPhone.

...and they have not even been released outside North America yet. Whatever you or I think of the device, Apple's "price" isn't stopping people from buying.
Well, you've got idiots all over the world ... it's not because they're buying something a lot that that product suddenly becomes a well priced product. Apple is nothing but pure marketing. They've created several product that became an instant hit, people don't want to be late for the popular train ... so instead of waiting for it to be priced descently, they just buy it ... to be popular, to be cool, to have the best and latest from Apple.

I'm not a Mac hater, they create beautifull products and are constantly innovating, introducing new things to the market, new technology that's what I like about Apple. But that's where it end, I absolutely hate how they want to control everything, how they push their ideas on the market, push their own standards while not allowing others to use them, how they just want to beat the last penny out of their products and how they rip-off their customers.