It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel Skulltrail Motherboard Sneak Peek Intel Skulltrail Motherboard Sneak Peek
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel Skulltrail Motherboard Sneak Peek

Old 28th December 2007, 18:43   #1
Shogun

Default Intel Skulltrail Motherboard Sneak Peek

A few months ago, at the fall Intel Developer’s Forum, we got some hands-on time with an Intel Skulltrail system and were able to snap a handful pictures and document a few benchmark scores. At the time, Skulltrail was still in it the pre-production phase as Intel had a few changes in store for the platform, but it was mature enough for the company to show off what Skulltrail had in store.

http://www.hothardware.com/News/Inte...rd_Sneak_Peek/
Old 28th December 2007, 21:06   #2
jakebot

one of those mobo's fully loaded would be untouchable for a year or so i bet.
Old 28th December 2007, 21:44   #3
Shogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebot View Post
one of those mobo's fully loaded would be untouchable for a year or so i bet.
It definitely looks like a beast!
Old 29th December 2007, 02:23   #4
Kougar

It certainly looks good, but it in my opinion in reality it is also a weak offering for a "end all be all" motherboard!

Only 6 SATA ports, no PCI 1x slot, very bare rear I/O panel... only a single internal expansion header for USB?? Ignoring the two CPU fan headers only a single one of the other five extra fan headers is 4pin. No floppy port either, but its usefulness is debatable.

It also appears that SLI with dual-slot cards will block both PCI ports, and it is a safe bet anyone buying this board in the first place will be buying SLI... They could have done much, much better, P35 offers way more connectivity and ports for everything by comparison, including 8 SATA ports, 12 USB ports, dual Gbit LAN, various SPIDF out ports... it also has PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard ports. Skulltrail looks to be 100% legacy free, not even a single PS/2 port on it. The only trace of "legacy" that remains is that single IDE slot!
Old 31st December 2007, 08:42   #5
jakebot

i absolutly agree with you... but for now. WOWZERS is all i can say. would be cool to see a 775 mobo with at least 1 pci available and one 1x with sli...
Old 31st December 2007, 09:58   #6
Rutar

they tried to be hardcore but they failed, they left the firewire and IDE alive that is way too much legacy for a really good board. Also small chipset fans are considered legacy hardware =P