It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel's Core 2 refresh: QX6850, E6850 and E6750 tested Intel's Core 2 refresh: QX6850, E6850 and E6750 tested
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel's Core 2 refresh: QX6850, E6850 and E6750 tested

Old 17th July 2007, 15:41   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Intel's Core 2 refresh: QX6850, E6850 and E6750 tested

If you are dead set on an Intel CPU, obviously the question that I’m sure is on those people’s minds at the moment is whether you should opt for the Q6600 or the E6850, which are both at similar price points. Personally, I would opt for the quad-core processor every time, but that’s because I’m quite a heavy multi-tasker and I often find myself short of processing time on a dual-core processor. I like to be able to continue what I’m doing when I’m running a processor intensive task and since most applications that you’re likely to use benefit from no more than two cores.

Add this to the fact that there are a slew of games coming out in the future that will benefit from quad-cores – Crysis is the first, and from what we’ve heard there are plenty more too. In recent times, games haven’t really benefited from high processor clock speeds because they’re graphics limited rather than CPU limited. This trend is going to continue, but as games engines get more complex, more will need to be done at any given point in time – that’s where quad-core processors will really come into their own.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200..._e6850_e6750/1