It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
HL's OC experience with INTEL's Core 2 Duo E6850 HL's OC experience with INTEL's Core 2 Duo E6850
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HL's OC experience with INTEL's Core 2 Duo E6850

Old 22nd August 2007, 12:29   #11
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

thanks for the clarification, might just be you got in contact with somebody have a bad day at work Intel as thousands of employees
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:42   #12

Sidney Freshly Registered

I have been an Intel rep for years; you'd better buy from newegg, directron or better from fry's, returning the product becomes much easier.
Been in chip manufacturer myself for 10 years; close to it inside "white room", we focus on yield factor and monitor every productinn lot (lot control) When production issues are resolved (a lot in electronic production envirorment, yield becomes better. Back in my days, 80% is considered "good" for high end.

Bottom line, I agree with Capper,, many are bragging how well their CPU oc'ed; you see if they are no good, they won't post. They quietly return the CPU and try to get a better one.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 20:42   #13
Capper

Yeah, its funny how you visit forums like OC forums and XS....and see people talking about RMA'ing their new processors because the OC was poor, even though there is nothing wrong with the processor. If you look at it from that perspective, its understandable why companies are making adjustments to their policies. This processor meets the standard, so I'm not going to RMA it.....but that doesn't mean I don't have a reason to complain.

No OC results are guaranteed, but if there is a flaw in the processor that prevents people from tinkering, and finding the best combination of memory and motherboard settings, why would people buy it? Why would i recommend it? and what is wrong with me pointing out the issue? I've been doing this for quite awhile, and as I said, am working with several motherboard companies on the issue. I'd also like to point out the fact (as judging by emails, some people missed the point), that I switched out the processor with both a Q6600 and E6600 and was able to push the FSB much further.

I think my big gripe, as i said, was the response and general "F U" attitude I got from the INTEL person I talked to (A fairly important person). Knowing we're a review site, and that we bought this processor for motherboard reviews.....how hard would it have been to simply say "Hey, you got a bad one, let us make it right".....instead, we get the response we did, which is a red flag to me that theres another issue here.