It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
CUBOT's New 6000 mAh Smartphones: Who Calls a Smartphone King Kong? CUBOT's New 6000 mAh Smartphones: Who Calls a Smartphone King Kong?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CUBOT's New 6000 mAh Smartphones: Who Calls a Smartphone King Kong?

Old 19th September 2018, 05:27   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default CUBOT's New 6000 mAh Smartphones: Who Calls a Smartphone King Kong?

Readers may remember that back in 2015, I wrote a review about a $150 smartphone I picked up from Amazon called the Cubot H1. This unit was a cheap Chinese phone, running a low-end quad core SoC and paired with a low resolution screen, which was designed to excel in a single area: battery life. Having a smartphone that could last almost a week was great. Since then, I had never come across the brand at a show, until this year at IFA, where they had a small booth to try and expand into Europe with their new devices.

There were two main devices on display: the Power, which is somewhat of a successor to the H1, and the King Kong 3.

King Kong 3
Unfortunately Cubot did not have this device on display, but this is going to be their new flagship: a high-end Mediatek MT6763T processor (8xA53), IP68-rated device with a 6000 mAh battery and simultaneous dual 4G LTE. This builds on their first generation King Kong (for some reason there isn’t a King Kong 2), with a ruggedized design focusing on the ability for construction workers to drop the phone and for it still to work, hence the King Kong name.

Here are some images of the King Kong (1), as they did have that on display. The King Kong 3 is expected to have a similar design.

If we head on over to the Cubot website, you’ll notice that the webpage for the King Kong line is full of standard King Kong imagery – in actual fact, what looks like direct imagery from the King Kong movie from 2005, just flipped left to right. Now the name is a bit odd (I guess it kind of fits with a durable phone) but it was my understanding that someone holds the license for the King Kong brand? I’d be highly surprised if Cubot was licensing the brand with those rights owners.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13356...ing-kong-power
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote