It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Click this text - new news format Click this text - new news format
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Click this text - new news format

Old 24th January 2006, 13:24   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Click this text - new news format

Dear Madshrimps reader, we have revised our main page with a new javascript which allows us to present you our daily web news more dynamically and hopefully also easier to read. When you click on the title of topic which you find of interest a small summary will be displayed. You can then visit the source article by clicking on the "link to source" or go to the comments thread to add/view comments. Clicking on the Close(x) or clicking again on the title will reduce the news story to its original size. Comments, suggestions, bug reports , etc are always appreciated
Old 24th January 2006, 15:19   #2

Bosw8er Freshly Registered

Ingenious in it's simplicity
Old 24th January 2006, 15:56   #3
kerf_kikr

Good, but...
-I can't see what links I clicked on anymore :'(.
-If I rightclick "link to source" to add it to favourites (for reading it later on), it would be nice to give it the name of the article instead of "link to source" if possible.
-An other pointer while moving the mouse over the link would be smoother.

Keep up the good work.
Old 24th January 2006, 17:55   #4
Madshrimp

Hey Kerf_kikr, thanks for the input, will look into naming that link more clearly; and see if a mouse pointer change can be fixed
Old 24th January 2006, 18:48   #5
Madshrimp

I've added a title tag to the href, but it does not seem to do it; if you hover the link to source you see the title again.. might change this to the URL ?

link to source

when you say that you bookmark a link for reading it later on, how did you do it earlier? did you just bookmark the forum thread? or... ?
Old 24th January 2006, 21:44   #6
kerf_kikr

The link to source is an advancement now, I don't have to rename the title anymore when adding multiple pages to my favourites :-). If possible it would be better to get the correct title either the thread title or the full story site title; I prefer thread title. I appreciate you spending time on it.
I did bookmark it on the main page, so it was just the forum thread that I bookmarked.
Btw, do you think it's possible to give the links on the frontpage another color after clicking it? Just like a normal link.
Old 24th January 2006, 21:46   #7
kerf_kikr

Btw, how comes I can't edit my post? :-)
Old 24th January 2006, 22:01   #8
Madshrimp

I'm looking into the visited link item.

reason for unable to edit post in this forum & articles/howto thank vandals for that. it's a prevention manner

Quote:
Originally posted by kerf_kikr
If possible it would be better to get the correct title either the thread title or the full story site title;
you are using IE right? in FF this trick does not work; will swap URL with full title name.
Old 25th January 2006, 10:03   #9
kerf_kikr

Using IE, seems like it works now. Awesome .