It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Catalyst 5.8 released (and on DH a day before ATI.com)! Catalyst 5.8 released (and on DH a day before ATI.com)!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Catalyst 5.8 released (and on DH a day before ATI.com)!

Old 16th August 2005, 21:33   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default Catalyst 5.8 released (and on DH a day before ATI.com)!

Thanks to the very cool people in ATI.com they have agreed to let Driverheaven host Catalyst 5.8 CCC before they go live on www.ati.com on Wednesday.

This set weighs in at around 33 megabytes and is available from www.driverheavendownloads.net please be aware the demand for this set will be extremely high so if you are failing to get it from one of our 100mbit mirrors then follow the discussion thread into our forums for smaller mirrors which are very able community always provide. I also have set up a few small FTPs to help our community get and spread the set before ATI open their server farms tomorrow.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 18:50   #2

Perhaps it is just me... the new catalyst allows BF2 smoother play even with my aged 9600XT.

Old 22nd August 2005, 19:24   #3
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

I find it hard to play BF2 with my new steering wheel so I'm sticking to www.lfsworld.net

my LFS profile pic; be warned.. http://www.lfsworld.net/desktop_imag....php?user=jmkz
Old 22nd August 2005, 19:48   #4

The steering wheel game has costed me a lot of money (loss) to my brother .... that's how I look when I hand him the money

Old 22nd August 2005, 20:42   #5
wutske

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
I find it hard to play BF2 with my new steering wheel so I'm sticking to www.lfsworld.net

my LFS profile pic; be warned.. http://www.lfsworld.net/desktop_imag....php?user=jmkz
No way, that game is still being played. I quit playing it long time ago (hardly any races). I recently played it again, but it realy takes a while before I drive again like I used to.
Old 22nd August 2005, 20:43   #6
wutske

Quote:
Originally posted by HardFreak

No way, that game is still being played. I quit playing it long time ago (hardly any races). I recently played it again, but it realy takes a while before I drive again like I used to.
Since I can't edit my post, it was supposed to be:
No way, that game is still being played ?

Question mark realy makes a difference
Old 22nd August 2005, 21:45   #7
Madshrimp

that game is more fun the GT Legends and GTR; I bought the LFS S2 license and having massive amounts of fun driving around F3 indycarts around the track in online modes.

the community there is very active; after the race you can immediately go the site and see all the results in detail; the game is not playable by keyboard, and even with the steering wheel its very difficult to keep you car from spinning out.

knowing the track is half the battle won, did some ~30 laps around 8.1km track today, near the end I started knowning the ideal line and where to brake to have ideal cornering. My best time is ~10 seconds from the 1st place, but it was good enough to put me in 4th place out of 13! :-)

I'm going to wait until I have a setup for the PS2 (chair & hold for the wheel) before making any judgements on what games is more entertaining and real-life like to play; I must say that being able to control your car at high speeds with LFS is quite a challenge but it feels SO good when you are able to finish the race without crashing!

latest one (I forgot to double check spelling when I registered, jmkz is my nick :grum: )
Old 22nd August 2005, 21:50   #8

Quote:
(chair & hold for the wheel)
Cup holder too

Old 22nd August 2005, 22:30   #9
wutske

The game is realy hard to play. I have the demo version and I can't turn normaly, so I just slip through them corners (goes even better in camera mode :grin: , you only need a good timing)
Old 22nd August 2005, 22:35   #10
Madshrimp

are you using a steering wheel?