It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Asus Striker II review Asus Striker II review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Asus Striker II review

Old 9th February 2008, 13:46   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Asus Striker II review

Luckily Asus though have made some large improvements over the Striker. First of all the huge copper design has actually shortened a bit at least in height coming down about an inch which should clear up any problems with very large heatsinks for processors. Instead more copper seems spread out over the entire motherboard with the nForce 200 also seeing a copper plate over it next to the Southbridge. Much like the 680i though things get very, very hot and overclocking the motherboard compounds this. At 1.92GHz FSB we hit 77 degrees Celsius and an untouchable heat. Asus have done a good job with their cooling and the blame lies on Nvidia for the excessive heat. It would have been nice to see a die shrink of the chipsets down to 65nm from 90nm which would have helped control the heat and power consumption level of the chipsets. Republic of Gamers logo also fit over the copper heatsink with a light underneath it to highlight it on the main middle heatsink which now takes up all the area between the CPU, video card, and RAM slots.

http://www.amdzone.com/index.php/rev...i-780i-formula