It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
AMD challanges validity of Intel Dual Core AMD challanges validity of Intel Dual Core
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AMD challanges validity of Intel Dual Core

Old 3rd June 2005, 14:32   #11
Liquid3D

I go with whatever works better for the application, however; JNAV really got me interested in AMD again and Van Smith of Vans Hardware also tuaght me a lot. This article and the articles preceding it mentioned in the article, gtives a clear and concise explanation of the Intel debacle known as Prescott and their marketing driven redundant engineering.

I once compared Intel to the Detroit Automobile industry of the 1970's which became complacent believing they had a monopoloy on auto sales. Along came the Gas crisis (like the one were having now which is why were headed toward smaller cars again) and they were basically crushed. Only recently have they begun to get their heads above water, and that's because of Government bail-outs (and then we tax memory because China helped their Fab owners) America reverted back to Big Bertha's gas-sucking polluting Cadalic Escalade run over your neighbor, off-road (although the only time the auto will see off road action is when it's parked in your driveway "off-the-road") genre.
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:13   #12
Faiakes

You can say that again!

I think it must rather embarrasing to be an American when you know that your country alone is responsible for at least 25% of the world's greenhouse gasses and at the same time the only one (of importance) not willing to sign the Kioto treaty!

They are going to us to death!

Instead of going hydrogen Fuel Cell they're going "SUV your children to school"!

I guess it's too much hussle to fill up your tank more often. Yeah, we might as well kill the environment.

They're I tell ya
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:15   #13
Faiakes

Hmmmm, that raving on my part, might have been just a wee bit off topic

I apologise.
Old 4th June 2005, 00:10   #14
GIBSON

well, the intel dual core cpu's might be lower in cost, but you do have to buy a whole new motherboard for it, which you don't have to for an amd if you already have a socket 939 one. so that kinda makes price even, but not performance, AMD's dual core kicks intel's in nearly every bench i have seen.