It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
[Affiliates News] NZXT FX 120LB and FX 140LB Cooling Fans @ APH Networks [Affiliates News] NZXT FX 120LB and FX 140LB Cooling Fans @ APH Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[Affiliates News] NZXT FX 120LB and FX 140LB Cooling Fans @ APH Networks

Old 4th October 2011, 07:47   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default [Affiliates News] NZXT FX 120LB and FX 140LB Cooling Fans @ APH Networks

Today, I have something new to feast my burly and sore eyes upon; not one, but two NZXT case fans. Recently, I have spent many late nights and countless hours banging my head on the desk learning a programming framework and OpenGL ES. Fortunately, I came out alive, so I can write this review. The NZXT FX 120LB and FX 140LB are two case fans that will be going into the NZXT Source 210 Elite after this review, so its performance data is definitely something I am going to be after. Last time, I was very impressed by the performance of the NZXT HAVIK 140 and the fans it comes with. This leaves high expectations from this pair we are reviewing today, especially when it comes to low noise levels and good airflow. Generally speaking, when I can no longer see straight, and I'm trying to finish off coding something, the last thing I want to do is be sitting at my desk with fans roaring in the background, and the room starting to feel like a sauna. Thankfully, I live in Canada, so by simply opening my window, I can drop the room temperature well below the freezing point. This really brings up the question of whether or not this pair of fans can drop my computer case by a few degrees as well. Well, that would be a spoiling the review, but I think it would be safe to assume adding more fans will typically improve airflow, and as a result, drop the temperature of your system's components. Okay, adding more fans won't help if you are using liquid helium to set world record overclocks, but then again, I have doubts someone doing that would be reading about case fans, haha.

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/nzxt_fx_120lb_fx_140lb
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote