It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
3DMark Maker apologie 3DMark Maker apologie
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

3DMark Maker apologie

Old 7th October 2004, 23:01   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
3DMark Maker apologie

this is in reaction to Hot chipset

Quote:
To everyone at [H]ardOCP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please accept my sincererest apologies for myself reacting the way I did yesterday morning and for sending those emails to Kyle that he posted on the news page. I would like to hereby let everyone know that I am withdrawing all of that. Also, I feel that I owe everyone an explanation of why it happened.

For years, we have been trying to get constructive cooperation going with the HardOCP team. However, for one reason or another none of these attempts have succeeded. So, naturally we have been little bit frustrated by it. Then, I again saw a newspost yesterday morning with just a statement that our product sucks without any explanation or argumentation or technical reason of why they so think.

This just caused an immediate, and I have to add, rather immature, reaction in myself and I sent off those emails without really thinking.

So, as a summary, I hope that we can all move forward from here. We do wish more constructive critique and I would like to emphasize that we really encourage everyone to send and publish any and all feedback, good or bad, as long as it is reasonably argumented, since only that helps this industry move forward.

Sincerely,

Tero Sarkkinen
Old 7th October 2004, 23:48   #2

Sidney Freshly Registered

You can never argue with a guy who has the access power to hundreds if not thousands of readers.

Now, provided you have all the facts at hands; it "may" be necessary to voice the inequality or bias opinion of offensing materials. However, I like to be cautious and fair in every respect to what I write should the power is in my finger tips.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2004, 07:20   #3

Sidney Freshly Registered

Quote:
So that's the end of that saga then. The Infinium saga continues, and so far it's cost HardOCP a staggering $150,000 in legal costs.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18971

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote