It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
recommendations on tv tuner card recommendations on tv tuner card
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

recommendations on tv tuner card
Closed Thread

Old 25th September 2007, 00:33   #1
mentalcrisis00

Default recommendations on tv tuner card

I'm looking for a tv tuner card to convert my VHS movies to digital (i'll be playing them from either a VCR or camcorder) so I need a tv tuner card that I can easily encode these videos into decent quality mpeg or AVI. Anyone have recommendations? I've been looking at hauppauge tuners which look pretty nice but I've never used one so I'm not sure what to get.

Any input would be welcome

-Ray

Old 25th September 2007, 01:23   #2

Sidney Freshly Registered

You have been asking the similar question over and over
It does not matter much which brand you are going to buy; the cheaper the better, Leadtek makes a couple good ones for less and hauppauge tuners are a cut better. From VHS and old camcorder the resolution is not going to be critical, unless you are dealing with HDTV.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 25th September 2007, 01:40   #3
mentalcrisis00

well my last message here was about digital camcorders but I've been looking over and over at tv tuner cards and they do all seem like the same stuff with a different brand name so I'll just go with the cheapest one and try it out.

thanks

Closed Thread