It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
Building an workstation. Need help. (moved question from another topic) Building an workstation. Need help. (moved question from another topic)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Building an workstation. Need help. (moved question from another topic)
Closed Thread

Old 10th January 2008, 07:42   #1
veldi

Default Building an workstation. Need help. (moved question from another topic)

So I'd like to build a workstation. The purpose of it will range from 2d/3d, video and sound editing to gaming.

Here's a list what i came up with in recent days but my knowledge of current technologies is limited therefore i ask for your tips on the config.

Having bit hard time choosing the mobo (which i would like to be an Asus) and memories for it (I'd like 4gb no less but the problem is to buy pairs 2x2gb). Also I'm concerned about the hdd. There are similar models from Seagate and WD with former having 32mb cache and larger plate and later having 16mb cache and smaller plate. in my humble opinion the WD one would be better.

Mobo ASUSTeK Maximus Formula
Cpu Quad Q6600 or waiting for Q9450
Cooler cpu Zalman CNPS9700 NT --- is this a good choice for moderate clocking?
Ram Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2 Go (Kit 2x 1 Go)
Hdd Western Digital RE2 500 Go 7200 RPM 16 Mo
Gpu ASUSTeK EN8800GT TOP
PSU Cooler Master Real Power Pro M850
LCD Samsung SyncMaster 226BW or Gateway 24"
Case Cooler Master Cosmos 1000

Closed Thread