It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
start-up problems in XP after HW upgrade start-up problems in XP after HW upgrade
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

start-up problems in XP after HW upgrade
Closed Thread

Old 22nd April 2006, 10:22   #1
obixena

Default start-up problems in XP after HW upgrade

Hello all,

I just installed new mobo A8N5X - AMD64 3000 and new PCIe AX300SE, OS XP prof.

I'm using my old SATA HD and all old installed apps and drivers from the last HW config P4-AGP.

When booting I get a startup problem indicating a lot of drivers failed to start.

I can only start up in safe mode, when trying in normal mode pc restarts after entering my password. It initiatilzes keyboard and then restarts..

exact message is
the following start-up or system drivers failed to load
AFD
AmdK8
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
Netbios
NetBt
Rasacd
Rdbss
tcpip
ws2ifsl

What can be the issue, I already googled a lot but can't find any indication.

I already checked if some drivers are failing, but have no failing devices in devman. Also checked the hidden devices, but can't find any failing.

Can it be HW not installed properly, I'm thinking processor, I had some issues installing the heatsinck..

Any help is much appriciated..

Cheers

Old 22nd April 2006, 11:02   #2
uni1313

Default Re: start-up problems in XP after HW upgrade

Quote:
Originally posted by obixena
I'm using my old SATA HD and all old installed apps and drivers from the last HW config P4-AGP.
Do you mean that you didn't formatted that drive and didn't do a fresh install of WinXP? If so that explains your problem.

Old 22nd April 2006, 11:06   #3
obixena

So I need a fresh install ...no way I could around it??

Old 22nd April 2006, 11:10   #4
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

if you hold on to the old XP install you'll run into other problems later on due to the different driver conflicts; the hardware you had before, and you upgraded to is too different. Fresh install in this case is encouraged
Old 22nd April 2006, 12:00   #5
obixena

Thanks all for your quick replies

Old 30th April 2006, 00:19   #6
obixena

hello,

I'm still having issues after my upgrade..seems my mobo was broken so I replaced it, still on warranty .. lukely :-)

So I installed Vista on my new HW but using my old HD. I was able to install Vista, but after the first reboot, Vista froze and I can only enter in save mode.

I wanted to know if somebody else hads the same issues, and if somone can help with that..

Could this indicate a HW issue, or do I need to install my OS on a new HD, it sounds crazy to me ..

Any help is much appreciated ..

I will try to install XP back on Monday, could be a too buggy Vista..

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

Old 30th April 2006, 10:37   #7
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally posted by obixena

I will try to install XP back on Monday, could be a too buggy Vista..
I would try this first, if that doesn't work you should look into the hardware side to things;

vista is still alpha/beta/gamma software, and not 100% finished of supported
Old 30th April 2006, 12:47   #8
obixena

Hello,

Problem solved, idd seems that Vista is too instable/buggy at the moment.

My winxp runs perfect, I should see a considerable increase in power now.. or not? I upgraded from P4 3000 socket 478 to AMD64 3000 socket 939, and moved from AGP to PCIe.

I noticed that there is a version of Vista on the msdn downloads that has bug fixes, but i will wait to d'load and install.. untill there is a newer version..

How can I have the full benefit of the 64bit processor, I know there is a version of XP that support 64 bit, d'load it some time ago.. Is that a bug free version? Or do I need to wait for Vista!!

Thanks all for you advise..

Cheers

Old 30th April 2006, 13:01   #9
Madshrimp

64-bit OS is not worth it at the moment for a workstation, not enough software support. 32-bit A64 is fast as it gets