It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Needing a new Northbridge cooler Needing a new Northbridge cooler
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Needing a new Northbridge cooler
Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2006, 08:09   #1
goingpostale1

Default Needing a new Northbridge cooler

I've currently got a Gigabyte K8NE Nforce 4x 754.My only gripe is it has a passive northbridge cooler. The problem is its partially covered by a 7800 GT. Does anyone know where I could buy that nifty DFI stock NB cooler? Or really anything that will fit under this card to just cool the NB better without being in the way of the NB. Ill supply pics if needed.

Old 4th April 2006, 08:59   #2
FireTech

Everyone else in the world is trying to go passive on the NB and you want to add a squeeling 40mm fan!
1st Q: Is it definitely overheating?
2nd Q:Why not just add a decent sized (80mm+) fan blowing toward the existing NB heatsink. It'll help cool the NB and the GPU too probably.
Zalman do one with a bracket assembly.

Old 4th April 2006, 19:43   #3
goingpostale1

atm I'm all out of 80mms I've got a 120mm but rigging that to blow over isn't possible. I know its overheating for sure, whenever I set my fan controller to 5v my system crashes if I'm putting it under much stress. TThe ram isn't OCd is running at SPD timings (its cheap cheap ram) and at stock voltage. The HDs are their own passive coolers and I've already eliminated the PSU. Also the NB is really really hot to the touch :P. Oh and it doesnt crash to a blue screen it just stops and whatever music is playing is caught in an endless loop. This has only happened a few times, but each time it was under the same conditions.

Old 4th April 2006, 19:49   #4
goingpostale1

I was just looking for any NB cooler with a fan. I can more then likely mod a more tolerable fan to the cooler. I was really really interested in that Thermalright HR 05, but my 7800 GT is covering the bottom 1/5 of the current NB cooler.

Old 5th April 2006, 11:25   #5
FireTech

I know, if only Thermalright made an HR-05 version that looked similar to the Jing Ting NB cooler!
Have a look at the DFI forums (there are a few) as they are ALWAYS discussing chipset coolers and which is best

Old 5th April 2006, 20:29   #6
goingpostale1

I totally forgot about that Jing Ting cooler! Wow I feel like an idiot (considering this site reviewed it too). Feel free to flame away for my post wasting your time.

Closed Thread