It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
again..no boot again..no boot
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

again..no boot
Closed Thread

Old 13th July 2004, 05:48   #11
bdx007

your prob sound like what i'm having except my pc goes into a reboot loop. about 2 months ago i built a sweet new pc that kicks much arse. well this weekend i took it completely apart (for the third time) to add another fan to the back of the pull out mobo tray and to finish sleeving the psu and fan wires a nice uv blue. i got all my mods done and put it back together and booted it only to have it start rebooting over and over again. when i first turn it on it the fans fire up and the hd starts humming, but nothing on the moniter, the power light flashes rapidly, and evrything runs for about five seconds then it cuts off only to start back on it's own after about five seconds and runs about five second only to shut down again and then it starts up again and then it shuts down again and then it starts up again and then it shuts down again.......(no happy thoughts while this is happening) only when i switch the psu off it shuts down, but then after about 3 seconds it has like a power surge where the fans light up for a split second and then it dies. i'm guessing i've fried something some how, but don't know what and don't want to have to buy something if it's not burnt. after checking and rechecking all my connections i found that something happened during the psu sleeving, i had to remove the molex connectors to get the sleeving over the wire and when i reassembled the plugs i switched the 5v wire with the 12v on one connector. i don't know if i plugged that connector in to anything and then checked all the other connectors and they were fine. i wish i knew how to check to see what happened. if anybody can help me here i would be very thankful

Old 13th July 2004, 06:43   #12

Sidney Freshly Registered

1) if your fans run = not your PSU
2) switch to anther Vcard = easy
3) Memory (sometimes this is the only thing) switch to a known good memory stick.

Otherwise = mobo or CPU.

Got to have two compatible systems before I toy with anything.

Good luck; be sure to come back and let us know the ending.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 13th July 2004, 07:04   #13
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

old thread ?
Old 13th July 2004, 07:11   #14

Sidney Freshly Registered

hahaha; drinking new beers reading old threads;

It works! Time to go to bed.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 13th July 2004, 07:27   #15

easypanic Freshly Registered