It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
some questions before starting placement of my wc some questions before starting placement of my wc
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

some questions before starting placement of my wc
Closed Thread

Old 18th January 2004, 21:38   #1
kipni

Default some questions before starting placement of my wc

i have some questions before starting the placement of my wc

i have a thermaltake XaserII, what will be the best tool foor cutting in the roof to place my radiator, will it be a dremel or just a littel handsaw?

i've also a question of the casecoolers to make them more quiet, i know you have to let them work on 7 or 5V in stead of 12V and i know it's something about cutting the cables of the molex en change them but not exactly how to do

i'm also looking for artic silver or high end coolpaste here in kortrijk or in west-vlaanderen

and does anyone still has some tips before making my first review?

thx in advance

Old 18th January 2004, 22:33   #2
FreeStyler

Jigsaw will probably do best.
A good and sharp handsaw in second.
A dremel will do the job too. If you got LOADS of time to waste.

I don't know about xasers, because they have these special connection thingies. but for a fan to run 7V hoop up the positive of the fan (mostly RED cable) to your PSU's 12V line (mostly YELLOW cable) and negative of the fan (mostly BLACK cable) to the 5V of the PSU (mostly RED cable).
For five volt, just hook up the fan to the PSU's 5V (red) and ground (yellow)

Closed Thread