It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Question about building your own system Question about building your own system
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question about building your own system
Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2004, 16:23   #1
BZRK

Question about building your own system

I'd like to get rid of my old high-tower and transfer all my components into a new case.
Problem is, I've never built my own system, I always buy pre-built PC's, so I'm lacking a bit of expertise in this field.

What I would like to know is, if it would be possible to put my MSI 848P Neo-S motherboard into this Cooler Master Centurion 5 case I recently discovered. I don't think it's available here yet, but I'm in no hurry.

One thing I noticed is that the plastic plate on the back with all the connectors on it, has another layout than the one I currently have. Can I just use the one I have in my high-tower and put it in this Centurion case?

Any advice appreciated.

Old 13th June 2004, 16:34   #2

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

yes the mobo and the case will fit
and no, there's no need to install the backplate of your old tower,
the CM-case will come pre-equipped with little bolts and everything to install the motherboard.
it really is quite easy, you just have to go slow at it, there's no rush in putting everything over from case to case.
Old 13th June 2004, 17:07   #3
kr15t0f

Default Re: Question about building your own system

Quote:
Originally posted by BZRK

One thing I noticed is that the plastic plate on the back with all the connectors on it, has another layout than the one I currently have. Can I just use the one I have in my high-tower and put it in this Centurion case?

Any advice appreciated.
normaly that plastic plate comes with your mobo. There is already one in your case when you buy it, but when the mobo has an other lay-out you have to change it with tge plate that commes with the mobo.

Old 13th June 2004, 18:51   #4
BZRK

Ok, thx for the help. All I have to do now is wait for this case to become available

Closed Thread