It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
getting AMD mobile to 2600++++ getting AMD mobile to 2600++++
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

getting AMD mobile to 2600++++
Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2004, 08:55   #11
duploxxx

Quote:
Originally posted by kristos
in theory it tricks the mobo into thinking it's a 200 mhz fsb proc instead of a 133 mhz fsb proc but it also helps in obtaining higher fsb's
thx Kristos

Did it help with your mobile to get a higher fsb?

duploxxx

Old 23rd June 2004, 01:52   #12
kristos

actually, I havn't tried it yet untill just now

But since you asked I figured I might just as well do this now instead of postponing it again (I'm very good at that you know )

I knew it worked though since a friend of mine has the same mobiles as I do (I ordered them through him, they're even from the same batch ), and he gets about 22x fsb without l12 mod and about 24x with l12 mod.

He does it the old way btw, just connects the 3rd l12 bridge with a pencil, giving him 166 fsb setting by default. De doesn't even cover the laser cut with something none conductive, he just draws right through

I connected ah 28 with ah 30 as instructed on this page:
http://www.geocities.com/trats102002/nf7sFsbsense.html
this should of given me a default fsb of 200. It didn't work though.
I don't know why yet. I might have bad contact, I might not have the sort of mobile that is discribed on that page. Or the info may be wrong but that's something for tomorrow

Old 23rd June 2004, 07:28   #13
duploxxx

Quote:
Originally posted by kristos
actually, I havn't tried it yet untill just now

But since you asked I figured I might just as well do this now instead of postponing it again (I'm very good at that you know )

I knew it worked though since a friend of mine has the same mobiles as I do (I ordered them through him, they're even from the same batch ), and he gets about 22x fsb without l12 mod and about 24x with l12 mod.

He does it the old way btw, just connects the 3rd l12 bridge with a pencil, giving him 166 fsb setting by default. De doesn't even cover the laser cut with something none conductive, he just draws right through

I connected ah 28 with ah 30 as instructed on this page:
http://www.geocities.com/trats102002/nf7sFsbsense.html
this should of given me a default fsb of 200. It didn't work though.
I don't know why yet. I might have bad contact, I might not have the sort of mobile that is discribed on that page. Or the info may be wrong but that's something for tomorrow
thats a nice fsb. on what mobo? i am afraid my epox 8rda3+ won't cope with the 24+ fsb

but still nice to know that it could work, i'll check it out

duploxxx

Old 23rd June 2004, 12:44   #14
kristos

he has always used abit nf7 (-s?) rev.2.0 in the past (killed 3 or so through various means of abuse )
The only other socket A boards capable of such speeds by my knowledge are the DFI lanparty/infinity rev.B's.

Old 27th June 2004, 12:44   #15
duploxxx

wel dit some test yesterday...

at vdimm 2.9 my bh-5 at 2-2-2-11 reaches de limit on 221fsb
i tought that was limit of mobo or proc

however i've relaxed the bh-5 a little to 2-2-3-11 and i get a nice
237fsb on multiplier 8.

using this on multiplier 11 with 230 reaches again the limit of the proc at 26++ but the pifast results are worse then 218*12

i think its the max for my proc.... upping Vcore to 1.9 doesn't help me

maybe different cooling might help...

duploxxx

Closed Thread