It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
evga copper heatsink for 6800gt evga copper heatsink for 6800gt
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

evga copper heatsink for 6800gt
Closed Thread

Old 28th January 2005, 15:30   #11
Desert Eagle

Quote:
Originally posted by kristos
did you try running in diagnostic mode, running 3dmark in real time and killing explorer?

How you do that Kristos? And whats the benefit of it?

Old 28th January 2005, 19:10   #12
kristos

start - msconfig - general tab - select diagnostic startup - ok - reboot? yes

et voila nothing but the bare necessities are running now. a lot of survices turned off aswell.

to get back to normal mode do the same thing but select normal startup instead of diagnostic startup.

-----------------

start your benchmark first but don't run it yet, then:

ctrl+alt+del - processes tab - R click superpi.exe (or whatever benchmark you are running, just using superpi as an example here) - set priority - realtime - R click explorer.exe - end process - ok

run benchmark

sometimes you'll also see userinit.exe, if it's there, kill it too.

this way less memory will be used.

to get explorer back:

ctrl+alt+del - file - new task (run) - C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

offcourse, C is an example, use the corresponding drive or partion letter.

Old 11th February 2005, 12:13   #13
ssl6

well, i did finally hit my 13k goal without the copper heatsink, although i have the ultra version on order and some zalman ramsinks, i have an 80mm tornado to put as i ordered a 92mm to put on my cpu, and the 80 will move to my vc. but anyway heres the screen, hopefully i can get higher later, i didn think of running it in diagnostic mode as i was rebooting the pc constantly to change things and couldnt be bothered. also, my memory timings arent listed, my ram also would not go above stock timings or fsb (STILL), thats why the cpu is mostly multiplier overclocked, with memory timings of 2-3-2-5 (didn try 11, will later). this was done on a cold night, had the window wide open with a fan blowing air directly to my pc, about 6-7ft away, and the ambient temp detected by the motherboard was 9c

btw i normally use coolbits for overclocking, but i used rivatuner this time to disable the thermal throttling or whatever its called that was recently mentioned in another thread

Closed Thread