It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 vs E8600: The battle of the caches! Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 vs E8600: The battle of the caches!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 vs E8600: The battle of the caches!

Old 16th March 2009, 09:13   #11
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

there are different ways to ask a question, yours is the "f*ck off" way and it will have the same effect on how we treat you. you are a waste of time.
Old 16th March 2009, 12:13   #12
[M] Reviewer

leeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registered

No need to get arroused guys ( bad for the heart ), it's just hardware and a review... I'm getting pretty used to these atttitudes on forums, is it a new trend ,no idea but it's for sure not the right one
leeghoofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 13:47   #13

nigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registered

Quote:
If he doesn't digg that, just give him my cellphone number!
lolz

was intresting to see
awaiting the next test ^^
nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 17:07   #14
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeghoofd View Post
no idea but it's for sure not the right one
for one to get respect, one has to have respect, Chad Boga has been banned from the forums;
Old 18th March 2009, 22:38   #15
Faiakes

leeghoofd, the article was so good that it convinced me to sell my E6750.
I just sold it on eBay and bought a new E7400.

I plan to run it 10x400, 24/7 under my trusted Thermalight Ultra 120
Old 18th March 2009, 22:42   #16
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Quote:
No need to get arroused guys ( bad for the heart ), it's just hardware and a review... I'm getting pretty used to these atttitudes on forums, is it a new trend ,no idea but it's for sure not the right one
Nothing new

geoffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 02:23   #17
[M] Reviewer

leeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiakes View Post
leeghoofd, the article was so good that it convinced me to sell my E6750.
I just sold it on eBay and bought a new E7400.

I plan to run it 10x400, 24/7 under my trusted Thermalight Ultra 120

I hope you get a good one then mate ! this one does 4ghz at 1.31 rock stable ( 500FSB that is ) they are hot heads, not even my modded Vapochill can cool this sucker at 5.2Ghz
Old 19th March 2009, 19:11   #18
Faiakes

Quote:
I hope you get a good one then mate ! this one does 4ghz at 1.31 rock stable ( 500FSB that is ) they are hot heads, not even my modded Vapochill can cool this sucker at 5.2Ghz
Well, I've given up trying to get a max OC.

a) It won't get me higher FPS in FPS games
b) I'm looking for a 24/7 OC so that WinRAR will benefit (too many newsgroup files )

Last edited by Faiakes : 4th April 2009 at 18:48.
Old 20th March 2009, 12:16   #19
essaion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
for one to get respect, one has to have respect, Chad Boga has been banned from the forums;
Hi there,

I just registered onto the boards, for what i am feeling as an overreaction.
Just after i saw the Crysis Warhead tests results, i wondered what was the GPU used for the benchs, and so hopped onto the "hardware setup" page. Just to see that the GPU is not even mentioned !
I have to admit i had a pretty similar thought (something like "what the hell is this setup page ?!"). The GPUs should be indicated there (otherwise, what is the purpose of the "hardware setup" page ?), along with explanations about what GPU was used for which tests. Period.

So OK, Chad Boga said it the hard way. Even though i am pretty sure that what he wrote should not be read literally : it sounds humoristic to me. Sarcastic and so, agressive, but with pieces of humour though... ?

I may be totally wrong about Chad, but what about a second chance ?
(no, "essaion" is no new avatar for "Chad Boga", i just was a bit concerned by what seems to me a miscarriage of justice

Thanks for the test though. I am quite impressed that Crysis is so GPU-limited : 72 FPS at 1280x1024 in Gamer mode makes me wonder how it could perform at 1920x1200 in Enthousiast mode !?
OK, i know this ain't the subject, i'll try to figure it out by myself

Cheers,

--
essaion
Old 20th March 2009, 12:25   #20
[M] Reviewer

Well I'm not the boss here and wanted to wait for Chad to respond.

It might have been better to put the GPU specs in the setup page ( my error ) but I mentioned just before the game bechmarks that I swapped the 9800GTX for the GTX285. I know now mostly readers just look at the graphs... won't forget it next time...

Take into consideration for the Crysis test that it benches via the included demo(s). This might NOT reflect real game performance as the demo takes 2 mins or so and there's not much action going on... Farcry2 test is far better and more reliable to me... I didn't bench at the higher res as because you are getting even more GPU bound then

Last edited by leeghoofd : 20th March 2009 at 12:52.