It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
what heatsink what heatsink
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

what heatsink
Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2004, 14:34   #31
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke

ineens 7°C warmer als voor den edit?
had HDD power off aangeleged (HDD is luid), waardoor prime stopte (??) en de CPU weer ging idlen (wat ik niet op tijd merkte)

Old 27th February 2004, 17:11   #32
TeuS

5v fan: CPU 72°, case 30°

Old 27th February 2004, 18:52   #33
TeuS

the results... I hope they make sense, some things don't seem really logical

I'll check everything tomorrow, re-check temps if needed.

results are not 100% perfect (ambient temp, cool paste burn-in) but that was not the goal

Old 27th February 2004, 18:52   #34
TeuS

more graphs

Old 27th February 2004, 19:39   #35
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

V7+ sucks, is what I'm thinking
Old 27th February 2004, 22:59   #36
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
V7+ sucks, is what I'm thinking
yep, me too. if you've got a better copper (60mm) heatsink, feel free to ship it with the TEC. perhaps we'll get different results

I conclude from this test there's no real difference between the Alu/Cu and full Cu heatsinks when it comes down to CFM, the temperature rises equally as the CFM drops

Old 7th March 2004, 11:02   #37
TeuS

Quote:
Copper heatsinks are no good for passive cooling, that's what most people don't know. It's because copper can conduct the heat faster than for example aluminium, but it also keeps the heat longer inside than the just named aluminium. That's the problem with copper and passive cooling. Copper needs to be ventilated to have a better cooling effect than aluminium. Aluminium is far superior to copper when it comes to passive cooling, as the Alu can pass on the heat to the surrounding air much quicker than copper can. The absolute best solution for passive cooling would be a heatsink with copper base and large aluminium body (fins).
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...threadid=30929

Old 7th March 2004, 11:29   #38
FreeStyler

so people don't really know what they are talking about, since everyone is saying something different.

That's where the high school (or better, university) physics teachers come into play (they do have a use afterall)

Old 7th March 2004, 11:33   #39
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by Liquid3D
Celemine1Gig to the forum. I truly appreciate someone with a working knowledge of metalurgical/thermodynamics. The assessment was on the money in his/her replies. For a passive radiator copper isn't as effective as aluminum, and this where many of the "myth's" of aluminum's conductivity compared to copper become pertinent. For the longest time I simply thought mobo makers whom used passive NB/heatsinks, did so primarily for cost, and in many cases I'm sure they do.
I'll try to get some books about thermodynamics thought

Old 7th March 2004, 18:21   #40
Da_BoKa

Quote:
Originally posted by Da_BoKa
copper takes absorbes the heat much better but alu can give away the heat better
so take te alu one, and same reason like HardFreak

Closed Thread