Madshrimps Forum Madness

Madshrimps Forum Madness (http://www.madshrimps.be/vbulletin/)
-   Air - Water - Peltier - Phase Change - LN2 Cooling Projects (http://www.madshrimps.be/vbulletin/f9/)
-   -   belgiums first solid gpu tube's / blind 1.1 (http://www.madshrimps.be/vbulletin/f9/belgiums-first-solid-gpu-tube-s-blind-1-1-a-32959/)

blind_ripper 1st May 2007 19:59

belgiums first solid gpu tube's / blind 1.1
 
well after my first solid cpu container , that whase also the first one build in belgium .
here we go on to gpu pots .
first drawings !



still have to puts more meseurs on the drawings .
hope to start in 2 weeks , thats when i have the copper .
these puppy's will be build to hold 350watt heatload , a teatser at my school is gone make a model how its gone react to the heatload .
and evrything will be ajusted to max cooling !

now give me ure vision on the ppl :)

greetz blind

geoffrey 2nd May 2007 14:52

Well, I allready told you my vision of building a LN2 tube. looking at your tube I think you should get rid of the copper down the tube. It's just hanging there without adding any thermal performance. Another thing you should do is use maximum amount of steps. With this you would get a very small tube at the GPU hight and steps might want to reach halfway the whole tube.

blind_ripper 2nd May 2007 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffrey (Post 144070)
Well, I allready told you my vision of building a LN2 tube. looking at your tube I think you should get rid of the copper down the tube. It's just hanging there without adding any thermal performance. Another thing you should do is use maximum amount of steps. With this you would get a very small tube at the GPU hight and steps might want to reach halfway the whole tube.

hehe u think so ^^ , 1 ure design will fail to keep control off the temps and will use to mutch LNē .
also the load temps with controlled Lnē will suck so hard !
2 yes the slab off copper on the back will me removed , and steps around 2mm that makes 18 steps total .
now if u are sure ure design will do beter , just do it becaus im sure it will suck hard .
lnē containers are build to make the Lnē FLOW to where its needed and in this case the base , whet the steppers and maybe center pole this will be the only thing it needs .
been studie'ing other design's , exept kingpins . all have a flat butom !
there's wher im sure vince his gpu's have also a stepper design , becaus its the only way u can let the Lnē flow where its needed .

any other things u wanne know :p .

geoffrey 2nd May 2007 15:47

The temperature of LN2 will never succeed -196°C, though flow of warm N2 to the surface might indeed be boosted a bit by your design. It's good to hear more steps are used.

With my idea of creating a tube more contact area is created just above the GPU which will come in handy because you will create more contact surface just above the hottest part of your tube. My guess is that it reacts just like air would do to passive heatsinks, allthough I might be wrong. It's nothing more then a idea, I'm not feeling like actually building it, I was just sharing some idea's :)

blind_ripper 2nd May 2007 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffrey (Post 144075)
The temperature of LN2 will never succeed -196°C, though flow of warm N2 to the surface might indeed be boosted a bit by your design. It's good to hear more steps are used.

With my idea of creating a tube more contact area is created just above the GPU which will come in handy because you will create more contact surface just above the hottest part of your tube. My guess is that it reacts just like air would do to passive heatsinks, allthough I might be wrong. It's nothing more then a idea, I'm felling like actually building it, I was just sharing some idea's :)

well evrything has cold bug and this way u can controll temps as good as hell .

Massman 2nd May 2007 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by blind_ripper (Post 144081)
well evrything has cold bug and this way u can controll temps as good as hell .

Doesn't the water buffer allow you to control the bug?

blind_ripper 2nd May 2007 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massman (Post 144097)
Doesn't the water buffer allow you to control the bug?

u really have te read more about Lnē !
water buffer no need with dragon evo ! but i have foud something beter .

geoffrey 2nd May 2007 19:15

water buffer???

blind_ripper 2nd May 2007 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffrey (Post 144102)
water buffer???

keep on sleeping witte ;) , ones u start LNē il tell u my secerets :D .
water buffer is not know to most ppl but my cola trick is new and it works for me ^^

geoffrey 2nd May 2007 19:41

Teach me master


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:15.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO