It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
QuadWay CaseReview by BlackRabbit QuadWay CaseReview by BlackRabbit
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

QuadWay CaseReview by BlackRabbit

Old 8th August 2002, 18:41   #21
Zinzin

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
@zinzin: mobotray? BR mentioned in review that only Coolermaster has a removable tray
Quote:
Something that I missed in the Chieftec cases is the possibility to remove the motherboard tray from the case.
That's the one and only mention of it It should be more stressed I think, as my current case (as mentioned lian li ) has such a tray and I found it very handy to install the system in it.

//Edit: apparently I took much more time to think about the reply
Old 8th August 2002, 23:33   #22
-=PunisheR=-

Which did you prefer the Aluminium or the Steel Chieftech case... do you think we should invest the 70euro in aluminium? ???
Old 8th August 2002, 23:42   #23
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by -=PunisheR=-
Which did you prefer the Aluminium or the Steel Chieftech case... do you think we should invest the 70euro in aluminium? ???
sure!
a) lighter
b) more beautiful
c) easier to mod: lighter metal

@jmke: addtronics or lianli compare? help me choosing lian-li's if you want that compare, I don't know much about the different models
Old 8th August 2002, 23:42   #24
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

the main difference was the weight

if you go to LANs the aluminium will make a big difference, if however you just want to keep it at a fixed location there is not really a valid reason for taking the Alu one, cause temperature wise they are equal

I was taking the picture of the cases with BlackRabbit (my arm is in on the pictures ) and the Chieftec ALU came in 2nd weight-wise

the Imperial is very nice case, but the airflow sux! I have bought one for me from Comtech, and I'm disappointed by the airflow, I have to put a DELTA 5400rpm on my ALPHA8045 to get temps of my XP1700+ @ 1.75v under 40°C idle
In my previous case (HQ45) with 2x 90mm casefans, the temperature was under load 36°C !! and this with a XP1600+@1800Mhz using 1.85v

The imperial is nice, but airflow is a disaster, if you put a fan in the side of the case, you can expect a drop of 10°C easily though

hope this info helps you decide!

Cheerios
- JMke
Old 9th August 2002, 01:09   #25
-=PunisheR=-

It's easier to mod... hmmm what you guys think about the new ThermalTake Xaxer 5000 ???
Old 9th August 2002, 14:38   #26
Madshrimp

http://www.technorizon.net/
Quote:
Depuis la sortie des premières tours entièrement en aluminium, l'offre ne cesse de se diversifier et parfois le choix peut se révéler difficile. Pour vous aider, il existe ce dossier qui passe au crible 4 boîtiers reconnus comme étant déjà excellents :
- Le Chieftec aluminium
- Le Chieftec Scorpio TX-01BLD
- Le Coolermaster ATC-201-SX1
- La tour Impérial
Ce sont tous des moyen-tours aux qualités diverses, chacun ayant sa petite particularité. Pour les amateurs de performances, sachez juste que l'on retrouve les températures les plus basses avec les boîtiers Chieftec.
Bonne lecture...
Old 9th August 2002, 15:26   #27
Zinzin

AND http://www.tweaktown.com/ too
Quote:
Four Way Aluminium Case Shootout
Published: 07/08/2002 6:22:28 PM
Author: Darrell Wiggins

Madshrimps has got their hands on four aluminium cases for a shootout.

So, the question now is: is the case really worth the money? In my opinion, no... I think they shouldn't include the fans, so the price could get a little lower. I also think that the case should be much cooler because of all the fans. OK, the case is beautiful and the mirror effect is pretty cool. The question I really ask myself is, "do I really need a shining case?" . If you do care about the looks and like the mirror effects etc and/or you go to LAN parties often, where you like to show of with your case, then this is the case for you!.
Old 9th August 2002, 16:47   #28

BlackRabbit Freshly Registered

ze hebben de review precies ni zo goe gelezen: 4 alu cases? :-)
BlackRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2002, 18:25   #29
Madshrimp

Yip zit een vreemde eend in de bijt