It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
PC Power and Cooling TurboCool 850 SSI PSU Review PC Power and Cooling TurboCool 850 SSI PSU Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Power and Cooling TurboCool 850 SSI PSU Review

Old 16th June 2005, 20:45   #21
Xploited Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by Faiakes
Actually I have those nice Corsair RAM dimms with the light indicators, which tell me how much my memory is being used or whether there is no RAM use, in which case I know the system has frozen and is not merely "taking its time".
i remember seeing a review where they took out the RAMs LED system and it was found out it's just a random pattern created to give the illusion it works, but in fact, there's no connection between the LEDs and any of the RAMs pathways
Old 16th June 2005, 20:46   #22
Xploited Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyman

Correct statement; high voltage too
I'm glad it's a correct statement, I'm studying electronics
Old 16th June 2005, 22:18   #23
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by Xploited Titan
Very nice review, but capacitances store charges, and voltage, not current, self-inductions store current.

lil detail.
updated in the article, thanks for the rectification
Old 16th June 2005, 22:25   #24
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally posted by Xploited Titan

i remember seeing a review where they took out the RAMs LED system and it was found out it's just a random pattern created to give the illusion it works, but in fact, there's no connection between the LEDs and any of the RAMs pathways
I had them; and they were not random I can assure you
Old 17th June 2005, 05:29   #25

Sidney Freshly Registered

A mere $500 delivered to your door is certainly not something for the regular Joe, even if they use all Japanese caps, modular cables; 0 dBA.

That is, make all your like or dislike you want as long as you are willing to part with $500, I am sure PC Cooling & Power will make a customer unit for you.

Quote:
I'm glad it's a correct statement, I'm studying electronics
Very interesting study; you can substitue gear-reduction, center differential, planetary gear, friction etc into the functions in electronical terms; rectifier, resistor, choke, capacitor, diode etc etc..... I have an EE in the immediate family

Hope you like RF communication; may be I could re-start my Ham Radio and do some CQ with you.

Sierra India Delta

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2005, 08:10   #26
Xploited Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke

I had them; and they were not random I can assure you
OK, I trust your statement.
Old 17th June 2005, 08:13   #27
Xploited Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyman
Very interesting study; you can substitue gear-reduction, center differential, planetary gear, friction etc into the functions in electronical terms; rectifier, resistor, choke, capacitor, diode etc etc..... I have an EE in the immediate family

Hope you like RF communication; may be I could re-start my Ham Radio and do some CQ with you.

Sierra India Delta
First, need to clean up my room Then put back my computer in business (need some springs to avoid kinking of my 12/19mm Tygon uke: ). Afterwards, I might think of building me a lil radio, will be fun, and will fill in my holiday time
Old 17th June 2005, 08:22   #28
Xploited Titan

Will be nice to talk with a foreign shrimp

Even though I'll have to learn much about radios. And we need approvals to use those radios (dunno how legislation in the US state about the matter).

Concerning your relations between mechanics and electronics: here, at school, we often compare electronics to hydraulics

PS: you're surrounded by geeks I see (Madshrimps, family...)
Old 17th June 2005, 11:12   #29
FreeStyler

and where can you get these PSU's in Belgium.
Would I get one of there, or a lesser one for my server (P4 northie, but 12 or more hard drives, now running on 2 PSU's (400 and 300, the 400 alone did't do it)
Old 17th June 2005, 11:23   #30
Madshrimp

if you can't find PC P&C in Belgium, you could go for Zippy's higher end
http://www.mpl.be/products.aspx?id=23&sid=106