It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Power Supply Review PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Power Supply Review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Power Supply Review

Old 12th November 2006, 19:31   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Power Supply Review

PC Power & Cooling is redesigning their product line to meet the voracious DC-current requirements of the next generations of graphic silicon. With video cards reaching 28cm in length and their power requirement in direct proportion things are bound to "heat up". The fleet of multi-rail power supplies out there are misleading the public into believing more Rails = more power when the opposite is often true. Today we peer into the PC Power & Cooling´s Silencer series via the Silencer 750 EPS12V for an interesting alternative to multi-rail anemia.

http://www.madshrimps.be/gotoartik.php?articID=511
Old 12th November 2006, 23:21   #2
[M] Reviewer

thorgal Freshly Registered

Respect to Liquid for this great review

Seems like a nice all round psu, maybe just a tad too expensive...

PS: link to this thread is not correct yet

thorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 07:54   #3
Madshrimp

thanks, fixed!
Old 17th November 2006, 05:59   #4
David Lang

I picked one of them up at fry's last weekend for $159.

it's high if you compare it to the 450w supplies for $50, but compared to the 1kw one at $500 it's dirt cheap (now I just have to see if it will handle my 15 hard drives powering up )
Old 17th November 2006, 20:36   #5
EsaT

Here you go, you should be able to do the power consumption math:

http://www.storagereview.com/comparison.html
Old 29th November 2006, 23:47   #6
masterlaws

Default Sound level recordings

Am I missing something here? I can't find anywhere in the review a documentation of the the sound levels that were recorded from the PSU. The article claims that it records the sound at 1 meter away, and notes in the conclusion that the PSU is "silent" in the PROs section. Yet there is no chart or numbers posted for dBA, etc. Was this omitted on purpose? One would think that if you're reviewing a PSU that's named "Silencer" and the focus of the product is to do just that, then the article would investigate this area as well.
I hope they just forgot to post the numbers.
I have been trying to get a good review of the silencer 750 with a real focus on noise levels. I am hesitant about buying this model because the last time I bought a PCP Silencer series (400 ATX) it was nowhere near silent. I hope PCP has improved their designs.
Old 30th November 2006, 14:27   #7
Liquid3D

Your absolutely correct and I am very sorry. What suprises me is how many people must have read this and never bothered to ask about the noise measurments. Of course I'm not saying it's their fault that would be crazy, this was an unaccptable error on my part.

Does this mean no one read my article? Well anyway it's been fixed, and all I can say is thankffully I save all the data, and all reviews backed up in MSWord, here the link to last page with dB(A) meter results;

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...&articID=5 11
Old 30th November 2006, 14:29   #8
Madshrimp

I must have re-read the last page a couple of times, fixed paragraphs and cleaned up spelling/grammar here and there, but the absence of the actual numbers didn't caught my eye... doh
Old 30th November 2006, 22:38   #9
masterlaws

Hey guys,
Thanks for the update. I have been looking all over for sound levels for this product. VERY helpful.
Old 1st December 2006, 20:20   #10
[M] Reviewer

thorgal Freshly Registered

Well, this is crazy really : I had seen this from the beginning actually, but thought this was on purpose or something.

Anyway : I'm glad it's fixed

thorgal is offline   Reply With Quote